Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

Awkward Jeep Wave?

Quote Originally Posted by JK&Beyond View Post
    I don't prefer squares, but I've grown to like them. But I agree, why the heck did they randomly give them squares?? Maybe just for Jurrassic Park? lol

Attachment 17437
    Square lights were the 'in' thing back then. Made it cheaper too, could use the same lights in other Chrysler products.
    07 JKU Saharahttp://wayalife.com/images/smilies/standing%20wave.gif
    auto 4.10
    TeraFlex 2.5" coil w/shocks
    front lower control arms / front track bar
    35"MTRk / 15"MB72
    Ridler Diff covers / evap skid

Awkward Jeep Wave?

Quote Originally Posted by JK&Beyond View Post
    At least we don't drive FJ's with round headlights. Haha. Take the good with the bad.

I grew up with a YJ. So it may be an upbringing thing. But there's one thing we know it is for sure...a way of life.
    Very true. I'd rather see a YJ than an FJ. That is for sure.
    '04 Wrangler Unlimited
    Broke college student looking for knowledge in the offroad world to apply in my future rigs. (When I actually have money to put into rigs)
    Red Sox fan

When did the Jeep Wave start roughly? I thought it was something similar to what I have always seen with Harley Riders, the way they wave to each other. Like being proud to support an American Traditional production.

Banned

Re: Awkward Jeep Wave?

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal3 View Post
    When did the Jeep Wave start roughly? I thought it was something similar to what I have always seen with Harley Riders, the way they wave to each other. Like being proud to support an American Traditional production.
    Good question. I'm wondering if there is a Highway barrier rule.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Tackerdown View Post

Good question. I'm wondering if there is a Highway barrier rule.

I've waved to another jeep rolling down the highway at 80..makes no difference haha

Been Around the Block JKBANDIT55's Avatar
    I always catch myself waving at other jeeps while driving the work truck!!
    2012 JKUS|KNUCKLES OFF ROAD|JKS|AFE|ZONE OFFROAD|37" MTRKs|TERAFLEX|
    Instagram- JKBANDIT55

I always wave to other jeeps. Except those times when you're turning on a corner and both your hands are busy.

I'm a mecanic and do a lot of road tests, and I have to control myself not to wave to jeeps in a ford, what a shame xD

Last summer, I worked on my friend's jk, and had to pick it up at his place to bring it home, so my GF drove it back to our place and she was soo happy to do her first jeep wave, it was funny

When I bought mine last year (which is my second jeep, had a TJ before and my father a CJ5 when I was kid) I told the salesman that jeep should have writen on the first line of the contract, capital letters the following :

I __________________ UNDERSTAND THAT OWNING A JEEP IS A WAY OF LIFE, THEREBY I ENGAGE MYSELF TO WAVE BACK TO FELLOW JEEPERS AND TEACH OTHERS TO FOLLOW THAT RULE. IF NOT, IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET SINGLE DIGIT WAVE INSTEAD OF A FIVE STAR.

I've done it. It's embarrassing...
    "Get busy living, or get busy dying"

Alot of Harley people wave at me, but i guess that they have their own wave too. I actually get more waves from old jeeps than newer, weird.

Banned

Re: Awkward Jeep Wave?

Quote Originally Posted by jkmohican View Post
    Alot of Harley people wave at me, but i guess that they have their own wave too. I actually get more waves from old jeeps than newer, weird.
    I wonder if they have jeeps to. Most bike riders wave at each other its not just Harley . Usually the only ones that don't are when you pass 1 %ers ,then you hope you don't piss them off for some reason. I've never came across any issues with them even in the bar scene . They are big on respect believe it or not , show them respect they respect you , or at least they don't kick your ass .lol
    I think if bikers wave at you its the recognition of the way of life. For me its the open road the destinations and the camaraderie one the bike just like in the jeep but I can get a little closer to nature in the jeep.

Last edited by Tackerdown; 03-03-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast