A coil spring question

jeep203

Lemme run something by you guys.

Keep in mind, my rig is a 2 door Recon.

I’m kicking around a mild lift that wouldn’t require me replace my stock drive shafts and control arms until I’m ready to do a full suspension overhaul in four years or so. Feel free to kick me in the nuts and tell me I’m stoopid.

Here’s the pitch; I want to do a 2” lift, no more, and I don’t want a spacer lift. Problem is, coil springs generally come in 2.5 and up. However, Evo has a 2” front coil spring but oddly, no 2” rear, or even a 2.5... I get the whole rake thing, that’s probably why;right? Here’s where the question comes in; Synergy makes a 2” rear spring but no 2” front . . . Hmmmmm; right? So, can I use them together?

If so, what would be some other good upgrades under there that would compliment this?

Also, the best adjustable shocks without going crazy, Fox 2.0, King?

In the end, I definitely want the EVO enforcer 3” lift, but I think I’m going to have to wait a bit on that. This is an attempt to get me to 35s and have a capable off-roader with great highway temperament.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
There are a feel that switched out their rear coils like you mentioned. I am running a 4 door rear coil a 59 with a 2" spacer. It can be firm. However, it does not sag Notnalc68 changed his out to a softer coil.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Lemme run something by you guys.

Keep in mind, my rig is a 2 door Recon.

I’m kicking around a mild lift that wouldn’t require me replace my stock drive shafts and control arms until I’m ready to do a full suspension overhaul in four years or so. Feel free to kick me in the nuts and tell me I’m stoopid.

Here’s the pitch; I want to do a 2” lift, no more, and I don’t want a spacer lift. Problem is, coil springs generally come in 2.5 and up. However, Evo has a 2” front coil spring but oddly, no 2” rear, or even a 2.5... I get the whole rake thing, that’s probably why;right? Here’s where the question comes in; Synergy makes a 2” rear spring but no 2” front . . . Hmmmmm; right? So, can I use them together?

If so, what would be some other good upgrades under there that would compliment this?

Also, the best adjustable shocks without going crazy, Fox 2.0, King?

In the end, I definitely want the EVO enforcer 3” lift, but I think I’m going to have to wait a bit on that. This is an attempt to get me to 35s and have a capable off-roader with great highway temperament.

Thanks!

Rancho makes a 2” kit that comes with 4 variable rate springs and adjustable 9000 shocks for less that $500. You can even get it from Amazon through the forum:

IMG_6534.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
We did the Evo leveling kit on ours and gained 2.5" in the front with the new coils. The rear is only a .75" spacer. We didn't have to change anything else not did we experience any abnormal symptoms afterwards. It was an easy install and affordable.

Robertcrav

Synergy coils have a good reputation from what Ive read with regards to ride quality and longevity

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

desertrunner

I'm running 4dr coils front and rear and a .75" spacer up front with chopped fenders. I could definitely clear 35s if I wanted to (rear pinch seam may need some trimming). This is it on 33s.

I still have a stock set of Rubicon shocks installed, rear seats removed and stock rear bumper. The rear is firmer than stock but not at all bad enough for me to care and still way better than my last JK with rocker krawler coils.

20171122_182140.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeep203

I might go with the Rancho kit yet. However, I think I might want a little more in a shock. I know Rancho is highly considered here but the little plastic adjustment knob has me concerned. I was looking at the Fox 2.0 with adjustment, the falcons are out because bending and China, Kings are expensive as hell. My intent with the adjustable shock is that I have a little 5x8 trailer that I use on the weekends and want to be able to dial up the stiffness, and dial it down off-road.

WJCO

Meme King
I might go with the Rancho kit yet. However, I think I might want a little more in a shock. I know Rancho is highly considered here but the little plastic adjustment knob has me concerned. I was looking at the Fox 2.0 with adjustment, the falcons are out because bending and China, Kings are expensive as hell. My intent with the adjustable shock is that I have a little 5x8 trailer that I use on the weekends and want to be able to dial up the stiffness, and dial it down off-road.

I've also heard really good feedback on the Rancho adjustable shocks. I also am pretty sure that if that knob were to break off, it can be repaired with a small kit.

Top Bottom