Thread: Front end popping

Front end popping

Hey guys I’ve been having some troubles chasing down a popping noise in my front end (Of course). Every time I turn left while going a decent speed something in my Front end pops repetitively. At first I figured it was my u-joints but after replacing the front axles and U-joints with their chromoly counterparts nothing changed. I’m now thinking I shredded the gears in the front diff? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lift the front off the ground and start turning the tires and driveshaft by hand. If you feel a spot where it isn't smooth, you might have a problem. When I was stripping ring gears your heard it every time it went around, when I popped some spider gears I had to get some differential action going to get to the spot it would bind up.

Try blocking one tire at a time while turning things as well.

Absolute best way to determine if there is a problem, just pull the diff cover off and inspect.

Let us know what shakes out.

Hooked
    I had a popping a year or so ago. Turned out that one of the upper front shock mounting bolts was loose.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app