Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G2 Core 44 axle housing

No offense, you are right. Here in Italy we wheel mainly on the mud...
    Honestly I was curious about this brand. On their website it is written that is made in USA and it is stronger than a D44 but I heard nothing about his performance on the field...
    As I stated before I don’t like to buy garbage...is this brand producing decent product or are is producing shit?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tdougherty81 View Post
    Italy has mountains and rocks
    I’m aware. Like many European countries everything is closed to vehicles.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    If I were making a purchase that large, I would definitely find out that 'reason' that G2 is more readily available and a 'good price' whereas Dynatrac isn't.
    The reason is that G2 is part of TransAmerican Autoparts, which owns Procomp, Smittybilt, 4WheelParts, Rubicon Express, etc. Economies of scale, massive purchasing leverage, international distribution net works and supply chains, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I've heard from a few guys that their housings are decent but their shafts suck big time. If that's your best option, if you can get a hold of better Chromoly shafts you should be okay.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Same here. I have a buddy who’s running their housings. He wheels it pretty hard with no issues. He’s also running chromoly shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuelh3 View Post
    Same here. I have a buddy who’s running their housings. He wheels it pretty hard with no issues. He’s also running chromoly shafts.

Thanks for your feedback!

Caught the Bug

G2 Core 44 axle housing

I've seen their housings in person and they are pretty beefy, they also have a really easy way of setting up the gears, like Toyota axles. When the time came for me I went with a prorock 44 due to it being the same cost as a G2 but with a better warranty and company history. I don't think you can go wrong with the G2 for half the price of a Dynatrac

Been Around the Block monstrousmac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I’m aware. Like many European countries everything is closed to vehicles.

Hi OverlanderJK,

This is not completely true. I was stationed overseas for almost 20 Years, Iceland, England, Germany, Italy and etc....There is plenty of four wheeling. Especially in the ALPS. The 4x4 Jeep community is large there. Please don't take any offense to what I am saying, I am by no means trying to undermine you and I do respect your opinion on many things. It is true there is a lot of private land such as farmland and etc.....So, you really do need to know where to go. That is why I always hooked up with local national 4x4 clubs. Most of them run Jeeps or Defender 90's and 110's.

Wow! Nice pictures! Where you were?

I've heard a lot of good things about the core 44's. Few buddy's running them that seem to like them so far. But I have seen a few broken ones. Granted I've seen a few from just about every company. I personally wouldn't hesitate to get one if it was that much cheaper for me. The specs on them are pretty decent. Also if you do have issues it'll be easier for you to get parts compared to maybe dynatrac or Currie being over the pond like you are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast