Evo aluminum rear corner armor

JAGS

Hooked
Not sure about all. But with mine I just had to secure/resecure the resistor with more than just solder. Some have used small eyelets and screws. I just fished the wire through the resistor end. Twisted and soldered after that.

black pearl

Hooked
Not sure about all. But with mine I just had to secure/resecure the resistor with more than just solder. Some have used small eyelets and screws. I just fished the wire through the resistor end. Twisted and soldered after that.

I think that's exactly what I remember reading. Thanks for the info 🤙

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

Yes Maxxima are great.
Also if you don't wanna cut wire or worry about resistor, poison spyder make a tail light harness. Don't remeber the exact price but it was plug and play with the Maxxiam lights and it has the resistor built in the harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Yes Maxxima are great.
Also if you don't wanna cut wire or worry about resistor, poison spyder make a tail light harness. Don't remeber the exact price but it was plug and play with the Maxxiam lights and it has the resistor built in the harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I like the sound of that. I don't mind cutting into the wiring, but plug and play is nice [emoji106]

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I used the Trucklite LED lights and Poison Spyder harnesses. I could be wrong but I think the Maxxima lights require something to be added to attach them to.

aTX427

I installed the aluminum corners last week. They are super lightweight and easy to work with. For lights, I ordered Maxxima, but have not received them yet.

black pearl

Hooked
I used the Trucklite LED lights and Poison Spyder harnesses. I could be wrong but I think the Maxxima lights require something to be added to attach them to.

Awesome thank you![emoji106]

I installed the aluminum corners last week. They are super lightweight and easy to work with. For lights, I ordered Maxxima, but have not received them yet.

I'm glad they are light! I want a little more protection but not a lot of weight. Well and hide some little dents and what not. [emoji23]

Are you using the built in CB mount on the corners?

aTX427

I plan on using the CB mount, but need to get a spring to help protect the antennae. I am not sure if you have a lot of experience with the outserts, but recommend buying an Astro 1442 tool.

When using it, I found that you need to feel when the nutsert is correctly set. After compressing the nutsert the first time, I screw the tool deeper on the nutsert and compress it a second time until it feels tight. If you go too far it will deform the bottom of the nutsert. If you do not tighten it enough it will spin. After setting the nutsert, I go back with a tap and chase the threads, then use anti-seize on the bolts to ensure they do not seize over time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom