Page 11 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Shooting and Discussion

I agree with some and disagree with others. Sometime disagreeing and agreeing with the same person.

I am a parent of two awesome kids who will be starting high school next year. It literally sickens my stomach to see what is happening in their world. Doing nothing shouldn't be an option anymore. This violence is happening far to often.

Thanks to brute and sharkey for putting real thoughts out there. Uncomfortable discussions need to happen and real solutions need to put on the table. It's too late for the 17+ who died yesterday. Next it could be my kid, or maybe someone you love.

Thoughts and prayers won't matter to me then.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    I agree with some and disagree with others. Sometime disagreeing and agreeing with the same person.

I am a parent of two awesome kids who will be starting high school next year. It literally sickens my stomach to see what is happening in their world. Doing nothing shouldn't be an option anymore. This violence is happening far to often.

Thanks to brute and sharkey for putting real thoughts out there. Uncomfortable discussions need to happen and real solutions need to put on the table. It's too late for the 17+ who died yesterday. Next it could be my kid, or maybe someone you love.

Thoughts and prayers won't matter to me then.
    Roger that...

IMHO We should all grieve the children lost, not give the shooter his 15 minutes, not take away guns (majority of people do use correctly), strive to identify those who should not have guns/weapons, realize that if someone wants to hurt/maim/kill they will find a way, and not have gun free zones (it's like serving up those in churches or schools to be hurt by the monsters). Establish safeguards in place. Need to make it harder for someone with problems to get their hands on a weapon and easier to get them immediately into treatment. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

In a DUI we blame the driver, in a bombing we blame the bomber, in the event where someone uses the vehicle as a weapon to mow down crowds we blame the person, in a shooting we blame the gun and gun makers

Just asking for a friend: what are the specifics of these gun control laws we’re arguing about?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TLife View Post
    Just asking for a friend: what are the specifics of these gun control laws we’re arguing about?

That's the thing, there is never any specifics. The plan is chip away a little and when that doesn't solve the problem (because it's not the problem) take more, and more until we have lost our right completely.

Praying does not cure or help prevent this. Religion has caused so many deaths. It is not the liberals or conservatives. It is a fucking person with issues. There is one member on here that will comment with his religious bullshit and then be gone. I will be nice and not say his username, BUT it starts with a "G". It is everybody as a whole that needs to work together to find a solution to this. If I have truly offended anyone you can fuck off! Now back to my coffee.
    DID I MENTION MY RIG IS FOR SALE?

“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by TLife View Post

I posted the law earlier above. I wouldn't call it a gun control law, I would call it a gun freedom law. It was put into law in 1791. 'The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'

Seems simple enough to me. Not sure why so many people argue about it nowadays either.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverJK View Post
    That's the thing, there is never any specifics. The plan is chip away a little and when that doesn't solve the problem (because it's not the problem) take more, and more until we have lost our right completely.
    So without any specifics you know it's wrong because it's a "slippery slope". That certainly doesn't leave much room for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I posted the law earlier above. I wouldn't call it a gun control law, I would call it a gun freedom law. It was put into law in 1791. 'The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'

Seems simple enough to me. Not sure why so many people argue about it nowadays either.
    So you would argue that any person should be allowed to own any gun? I'll be the first to admit that I'm woefully ignorant on current gun laws, but I know there's more to it than that.

Let's say that I've been previously convicted of armed robbery and served my jail time. Should I be allowed to legally own a gun?

Page 11 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast