Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Shooting and Discussion

Screw the gun control arguments, and the mental health arguments. Letís get down to an issue never talked about. How in the hell does a 19 year old man walk into a school with a long gun unnoticed? Why doesnít anyone want to lock our schools down for our own kids safety and well being? My kids school locks the doors and you have to ring a bell to get in, but every time I walk up they let me right in. Ban AR rifles isnít going to stop this from happening. Sandy Hook was handguns. Itís time to make our schools safe, and that starts with security measures at school.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two FallonJeeper's Avatar
    The real problem is trying to find an answer that doesn't impact the rights of law abiding citizens and still able to target those that may do harm.

Until you can do that, sadly the status quo has to be.

I'm open to discussion that addresses the problem and not the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by kscobra View Post
    Screw the gun control arguments, and the mental health arguments. Letís get down to an issue never talked about. How in the hell does a 19 year old man walk into a school with a long gun unnoticed? Why doesnít anyone want to lock our schools down for our own kids safety and well being? My kids school locks the doors and you have to ring a bell to get in, but every time I walk up they let me right in. Ban AR rifles isnít going to stop this from happening. Sandy Hook was handguns. Itís time to make our schools safe, and that starts with security measures at school.

^^^ This. Very Valid Point. Iíve Been saying this since Columbine.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    ^^^ This. Very Valid Point. Iíve Been saying this since Columbine.
    I donít get why people donít want to start here, what is a childís life worth. I just donít get it. Letís make them safe, then we can worry about how to make these tragedies go away forever.

Quote Originally Posted by kscobra View Post
    I donít get why people donít want to start here, what is a childís life worth. I just donít get it. Letís make them safe, then we can worry about how to make these tragedies go away forever.

100% Agree!! Common Sense to me. But Common Sense doesnít come first in politics. Money does.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    100% Agree!! Common Sense to me. But Common Sense doesnít come first in politics. Money does.
    Sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Agreed.

X's 2.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    ďDogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.Ē

ďTwenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    The real problem is trying to find an answer that doesn't impact the rights of law abiding citizens and still able to target those that may do harm.

Until you can do that, sadly the status quo has to be.

I'm open to discussion that addresses the problem and not the tool.
    If you really care about your right to bear arms, you need to be involved in the discussion in finding solutions...legislation is like a pendulum...there are core passionate groups that are polarized on opposite sides of the pendulum, and a largely unapathetic group in the middle...when the middle group , sitting on the fence becomes energized to respond one way or the the other, they swing the pendulum...by voting in people to enact legislation.

Some think that the tool is not the problem...some think that is is...it's not that black and white. You might find that the tool may be just a part of the problem...
    Last edited by Brute; 02-15-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Knows a Thing or Two FallonJeeper's Avatar
    ^^^Exactly^^^

In stead of cops sitting around at speed traps they should be waiting for a real call at the local school parking lot. At least then someone will be there shooting back. I think the deterrent of a good guy with a gun would stop most of the school shootings.

Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast