Page 41 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Shooting and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    I don't think gun control folks in Washington are getting NRA kick backs. But they are nearly all working for one cause or another.

I'm not a proponent of banning guns. Makes no sense. But other things do make sense.
    Yeah you hit on a few really big points. Getting lobbyists out of Washington would go a long way to actually solving things.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post

But until you get ......lobbyists out of washingtons pockets, it doesn't matter what the people want. Billions will always be louder than voices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuelh3 View Post
    Getting lobbyists out of Washington would go a long way to actually solving things.

Bingo. “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” -Ben Franklin
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Bingo. “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” -Ben Franklin
    I was wondering when Ben would show up again...

I wasn't exactly feeling the bern, but that was one of the things that resonated from his campaign. We see the demon of greed across so many issues plaguing us today. Especially in Washington. Unfortunately, money breeds power and power breeds money.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Recent Shooting and Discussion

Fear breeds money and power, which leads to the ability to instill more fear.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Knows a Thing or Two Goldeneagle1LC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    So then you are all for the legalization of heroin for personal use, correct? I mean, as long as the user doesn’t do anything to anyone else while using, correct?
    That is correct.

Trump Suggests Arming Teachers as a Solution to Increase School Safety

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/polit...nts/index.html

My wife being a teacher, I completely agree with this

Recent Shooting and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Trump Suggests Arming Teachers as a Solution to Increase School Safety

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/polit...nts/index.html

My wife being a teacher, I completely agree with this

I would imagine that we have quite a few armed teachers in Utah. I know the female principal of the elementary school next to my house carries at school and has for quite a while.

There always seems to be one or two stories of a heroic teacher that shielded students. I would prefer them to be able to return fire.

Quote Originally Posted by EricInUtah View Post
    I would imagine that we have quite a few armed teachers in Utah. I know the female principal of the elementary school next to my house carries at school and has for quite a while.

There always seems to be one or two stories of a heroic teacher that shielded students. I would prefer them to be able to return fire.
    I’m glad to hear that there are teachers carrying in Utah at least. I would prefer to hear teachers return fire instead of shielding as well!

Ed, I see what you're saying and have a lot of respect for you. But at the same time, think about the number of young 19 year olds that are responsible gun owners. Should they be punished as well? I am deeply saddened about what happened, but I think we all know what happens when it gun rights are infringed upon everybody as a whole. The gun isn't the problem, the individual was the problem. And obviously that opens up a whole nother conversation of who gets to decide what is 'mentally ill' or 'depressed' or 'likely to kill.' I don't think making guns more 'difficult' to get would stop this tragedy. Look at crime in Mexico where guns and ammo are illegal. Evil people will stop at nothing to do evil things.
    I agree with this. Common sense. Thanks

Page 41 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast