Page 109 of 135 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1345

Thread: Recent Shooting and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    The memes gotta stop. And this is coming from me of all people.
    i suspect he got booted from fb for posting this crap constantly... or he needs a new place to post now that 8chan was shutdown because it breeds mass casualty shooters.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I don't think it's the 'inconvenience' that's the negative issue with this. At least for me it isn't. It's what I posted earlier and what Speedy posted. Who creates the tests? Who administers the test? Who reviews the answers? Who gets to decide who is crazy or not? Etc.......
    All good logistics questions. I guess my answer to all of them would be a very broad ďlicensed medical professionalsĒ.

The fact that weíve gotten to logistics and presumably thereís an answer to those questions that would satisfy you is something though. It no longer sounds like fundamental opposition.

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Here in Michigan it is not required and is transacted as a private person to person sale.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Not entirely accurate.

At a show, if the booth is an actual FFL dealer theyíre required to do the check and paperwork. If itís Joe Schmo selling grandpas antique rifle collection itís not required.

Over 18, long guns are not registered and may be purchased person to person like that. Brand new long guns ARE registered to original purchaser but after that do not require to be registered if resold.

Over 21, Pistols may not be sold person to person unless the buyer possesses a CPL or purchase permit from local PD. And all pistols must be registered.

CPL classes are normally two day classes (or one long day) with classroom and range test. Classes range from 100 to 200 on average, CPL cost is about 120 with fingerprinting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
    Attachment 332156

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    so after catching up from the weekend , all I really got was KSCRUDE bases his life decisions from what meme's he comes across and not actual facts.
    it's funny when someone discovers the internet for the first time. trying to impress everyone with what they think is new.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Canít believe this thread went some 8 hours without a post....

I did read an interesting article today by Matt Walsh. Some pretty compelling facts on there about the recent surge in mass shootings. I urge you to seek that article out and read it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post

I did read an interesting article today by Matt Walsh. Some pretty compelling facts on there about the recent surge in mass shootings. I urge you to seek that article out and read it.

Yeah I think everyone is fed up with the thread! I too read an interesting article about the Ohio shooter. Seems he was an anti gun, anti America, extreme lefty that was obsessed with satan. I guess he figured that a mass shooting would help push the leftís gun regulations. And it might happen.... Ill look up that article your talking about.

Recent Shooting and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Leeboy03 View Post
    Yeah I think everyone is fed up with the thread! I too read an interesting article about the Ohio shooter. Seems he was an anti gun, anti America, extreme lefty that was obsessed with satan. I guess he figured that a mass shooting would help push the leftís gun regulations. And it might happen.... Ill look up that article your talking about.

Wh. I think itís more that the tragedy is over and people donít care as much as they did three days ago. Until next week....

Could probably put some Vegas odds on these shootings.

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37Ē Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5Ē Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40Ē Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Wh. I think itís more that the tragedy is over and people donít care as much as they did three days ago. Until next week....

Could probably put some Vegas odds on these shootings.

Oh I know. I only stoked the fire because the article Iím pointing out talks about root causes, something necessary if you want to stop things from happening.

Thanks for pointing that out. It has some really good points and is quite compelling. I think there could be a lot of truth in what he is saying and more research should be put into that. My wife recently took a position at a local school in our district as a behavioral interventionist to work on social and emotional skills with TK-4th graders in a TK-8th school. She was tasked with designing a program to help curb the behavior problems they were having at school. While the teachers originally thought she was weird and crazy because of her unorthodox approach and out of the box implementation, what she was doing with the students had a profound impact on the behavioral problems at the school. A story she shared with me was that last school year in the course of a week the number of fights went crazy. Come to find out there was an IG post calling that week fight week and the challenge was that you had to get into or film a fight and post it to your IG. Were talking a all grades at this school. I think that falls into the what Matt Walsh classified as the dehumanization or numbness created by the internet. Consequences didn't matter to the students just getting tje attention on their profiles.
    She is really in to researching all of this stuff and I'll find the book she is reading. There is a passage she read to me that was pretty profound and this book was published in the early 2000's.

Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Thatís easy to answer even though nobody really wants to say it out loud. Generally speaking, the answer is that nobody really cares about inner city poor black kids killing each other in gang/turf/drug/whatever crimes. Nobody cares because the collective population isnít really at risk. The majority of the murders in Chicago are not just random killings.

In reality, I am zero times more likely to get killed in Chicago then I am to get shot in a mass killing in my hometown. I donít live in Chicago and am unlikely to visit it...certainly very unlikely to visit the high crime areas or put myself in a situation where 1:1 crime is likely.

Mass killings are typically random and the victims are not usually in the process of participating in a crime or some other activity that could generally be considered dangerous. Since they are random, people feel like they have less control over whether they end up in a mass killing situation, and that is what scares people.
    Bingo!!!!

"all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

Page 109 of 135 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast