Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1345

Thread: Recent Shooting and Discussion

  1. #1241
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    12,412
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    So you are saying its legal to use an unregistered firearm for self defense in your state?
    It is in Nevada, and our CCW is not tied to a specific firearm (much less a registered firearm). There is no firearm registration requirement in Nevada.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  2. #1242
    Knows a Thing or Two Abntroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    It is in Nevada, and our CCW is not tied to a specific firearm (much less a registered firearm). There is no firearm registration requirement in Nevada.
    For now, we’ll see how much longer that holds true with the influx of Californians running from a system they hate only to begin pushing for similar legislation here...


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

  3. #1243
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    12,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Abntroop View Post
    Basic right to protect yourself from fellow man and tyrannical government is not something that needs to change though. Read a history book, been an issue since the dawn of time. People haven’t changed and if anything it proves times of steadiness are cyclic over and over and round the shitty wheel of life we go. Visit a 3rd world country and don’t make the mistake of thinking the US won’t end up like that at some point. We aren’t living in the “enlightened” times folks may wish to think. If anything ten minutes on social media and anyone can see just how feral a majority of our population has become.
    I've read a book or two in my day, even been to a few different countries.

    In my opinion, people throw out the "protect myself against a tyrannical government" thing without much thought. Do you seriously think there is a legitimate risk of our nation's government taking up arms against its people? If the answer is yes then you believe that our courts, Congress, and executive branch would all take concerted, mass military action against the citizens of this country. I find that to be laughable. I also have way more faith in the men and women of our military, and our police forces, than to believe that they would carry out such widespread orders against their brothers, sisters, parents, friends, children, etc.

    Do not confuse revolutionary wars (people rising up against tyrannical rule to overthrow existing government) with civil wars (citizens of a nation fighting each other). Unfortunately, the way things are going, another civil war in this country seems at least theoretically possible, but the need to take up arms against an oppressive U.S. government trying to rule by force? Not so much.

    As a practical matter, the U.S. government doesn't need the use of force to control the population. To a large degree, the government already controls money, food, water, and shelter. In doing so, it already controls the population (whether anyone wants to admit it or not).
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  4. #1244
    Knows a Thing or Two Abntroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I've read a book or two in my day, even been to a few different countries.

    In my opinion, people throw out the "protect myself against a tyrannical government" thing without much thought. Do you seriously think there is a legitimate risk of our nation's government taking up arms against its people? If the answer is yes then you believe that our courts, Congress, and executive branch would all take concerted, mass military action against the citizens of this country. I find that to be laughable. I also have way more faith in the men and women of our military, and our police forces, than to believe that they would carry out such widespread orders against their brothers, sisters, parents, friends, children, etc.

    Do not confuse revolutionary wars (people rising up against tyrannical rule to overthrow existing government) with civil wars (citizens of a nation fighting each other). Unfortunately, the way things are going, another civil war in this country seems at least theoretically possible, but the need to take up arms against an oppressive U.S. government trying to rule by force? Not so much.

    As a practical matter, the U.S. government doesn't need the use of force to control the population. To a large degree, the government already controls money, food, water, and shelter. In doing so, it already controls the population (whether anyone wants to admit it or not).
    Well, time will tell. I don’t know what the future brings but I have a gut feeling it isn’t going to be pleasant.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

  5. #1245
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    12,412

    Recent Shooting and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Abntroop View Post
    For now, we’ll see how much longer that holds true with the influx of Californians running from a system they hate only to begin pushing for similar legislation here...
    For sure, I shudder every time I talk to a California transplant who says they fled California's insanity yet they bring their voting history with them. The Californication of Nevada is a real issue and one that I deal with almost on a daily basis. The pro-union legislation in Nevada this last session was insane! (As an aside, I have always found it profoundly hypocritical that hard working, blue collar, self-proclaimed conservatives also belong to unions and champion union causes.)

    I grew up in the house that my great-grandfather built and my dad grew up in (and still lives in). A Nevada Democrat used to be pretty close to a Republican in any other state. Not anymore. As a state, I doubt Nevada will ever be red again.
    Last edited by Sharkey; 09-04-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  6. #1246
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,892

    Recent Shooting and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I have always found it profoundly hypocritical that hard working, blue collar, self-proclaimed conservatives also belong to unions and champion union causes.
    Lots of “conservatives” I know or observe are current and former military, LEO, firemen, and other sundry government employees whose incomes come from taxpayers and who are biding their time until they can take a taxpayer-funded pension, all the while railing against the perceived creep of socialism while being beneficiaries of socialism.



    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by fiend; 09-04-2019 at 04:28 PM.

  7. #1247
    Knows a Thing or Two monstrousmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    561
    Wow, whatever man! I guess what I did serving my country and sacrificed for your freedoms and safety mean nothing, same thing for every other first responder that puts their life on the line every day. I was hit by an RPG in Afghanistan, I have had 12 hip surgeries, Shoulder surgeries and others. My son who is a Marine suffered three head trauma’s while serving and developed seizures and has been medically retired from the Marines. My daughter in law is also a wounded vet, she was Military Police and hit by an IED during a convoy from Kabul. I really take offense to your statement as if we a freeloading off taxpayers, you really take the cake bud. No different for all the Firefighter's and Police officers that have lost their lives, especially those during 9-11 that went into a burning building to rescue Americans trapped in the Twin Towers without thinking about their own safety. What a piece of shit you are for even making that comment.


    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Lots of “conservatives” I know are current and former military, LEO, firemen, and other sundry government employees whose incomes come from taxpayers and who are biding their time until they can take a taxpayer-funded pension, all the while railing against the perceived creep of socialism while being beneficiaries of socialism.



    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #1248
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by monstrousmac View Post
    Wow, whatever man! I guess what I did serving my country and sacrificed for your freedoms and safety mean nothing, same thing for every other first responder that puts their life on the line every day. I was hit by an RPG in Afghanistan, I have had 12 hip surgeries, Shoulder surgeries and others. My son who is a Marine suffered three head trauma’s while serving and developed seizures and has been medically retired from the Marines. My daughter in law is also a wounded vet, she was Military Police and hit by an IED during a convoy from Kabul. I really take offense to your statement as if we a freeloading off taxpayers, you really take the cake bud. No different for all the Firefighter's and Police officers that have lost their lives, especially those during 9-11 that went into a burning building to rescue Americans trapped in the Twin Towers without thinking about their own safety. What a piece of shit you are for even making that comment.
    Lots of assumptions and knee-jerk hostility here. It’d be unproductive for me to peck out a thorough response on my phone, so I’ll just say thanks for your service and have a nice day.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #1249

  10. #1250
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    8,209
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL - 125 pages with over 1200 posts and exactly ZERO minds have been changed!
    Nor will they ever be


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Recent Colorado trip
    By blackhills in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 09:56 PM
  2. New wave after the recent move
    By JES in forum Give us a Wave
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 03:41 AM
  3. Shooting and Jeeping
    By crowrb29 in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 11:55 PM
  4. Need some trouble shooting help!
    By Resqduck7 in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 10:29 PM
  5. Conniticut Elementary Shooting!!
    By BlackKnight in forum The 8th Slot
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-21-2012, 09:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS