Page 121 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1345

Thread: Recent Shooting and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Hmm. I think it starts much younger and lower level than any government. Parents need to parent and be better examples for their children.
    So very true. But as solid parents ourselves, I think we both know it would be easier to change government than to limit the procreation of idiots. Lol.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Knows a Thing or Two monstrousmac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    It wasnÂ’t a quote. I wasnÂ’t watching CNN. It was a chart making its rounds of where the firearms come from. Regardless of the opinions on where fault lies, the facts are the facts. IÂ’ve yet read any dispute on the 60% figure.

They can hash out blame all they want. IÂ’m not into the twitter war BS. Parts of Chicago are a Fn mess. IÂ’m sure fingers can be pointed in all directions.

Why not make the laws the same across all states. Have better enforcement of those laws and harsher penalties/jail time, whatever, if you break the existing gun laws.

Cruz is a POS with no spine. But thatÂ’s a whole other topic.
    I disagree with "Why not make the laws the same across all states. I would not want the gun laws of California, New York, New Jersy or Illinois. The most strict gun laws in the country but the highest levels of crime, and murders. Look at states likeAs of June 26, 2019, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma (effective November 1, 2019), South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming do not require a permit to carry a loaded firearm for any person of age who is not prohibited from owning a firearm. I believe in the 2nd Admendment and states like these do not have the gun violence problems that states like California, New York, New Jersy or Illinois have. Believe it or not Texas is not a gun friendly state. I was just there, I do have 3 CCW permits from 3 different states and most places prohibit the carring of a fire arm and have signs posted referencing Section 30.07 or, “Trespass by License Holder with an Openly Carried Handgun,” is essentially the exact same code as Section 30.06. ... This means, even if a person has been issued a Concealed Handgun License, they are still not allowed to open carry on a property where the 30.07 sign is posted.

I do agree with - Have better enforcement of those laws and harsher penalties/jail time, whatever, if you break the existing gun laws."

I carry my firearm everyday, sometimes concealed sometimes open, depends on what I am wearing.
    Last edited by monstrousmac; 09-03-2019 at 08:32 PM.

So very true. But as solid parents ourselves, I think we both know it would be easier to change government than to limit the procreation of idiots. Lol.
    Unfortunately, 100% agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by monstrousmac View Post
    I disagree, top down never works, it has to start in the home, the communities. With parents acting like parents and not catering for their children and giving them everything they want. Teaching them about respect for others, their elders and authority. Seems like everyone with a gopro wants to become a youtube sensation by making everyone else look bad, icluding the police, fire fighters and all first responders. Social media has destroyed humanity.

Government can't force people to act a certain way, that has to be taught through the home, family values, ethics and integrity.
    I don’t disagree.

Good luck changing every parental unit in the country. I think we need societal changes and leaders and role models could play a huge impact in positive change.

Not one parent out there will want to listen to me preach to them how to parent their kid. Whether I am right wrong or indifferent. Who the hell am I to tell them anything.

It’s hard enough telling the shithead in the next booth to stop bouncing around when the parents are right there. You think they want advice on actually raising their kid with respect. You think someone wants advice on raising their teenager or high schooler.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

... "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." ...
    I've heard that before and, quite frankly, I'm surprised that any proponent of lawful firearm ownership would make such an argument. Answer this for me: if a firearm is no different than an axe, a shovel, a car, a boat, or any other tool...then why does it deserve the protection of the Second Amendment when those other "tools" do not?

Clearly, a firearm is profoundly different than every other "tool".

This means, even if a person has been issued a Concealed Handgun License, they are still not allowed to open carry on a property where the 30.07 sign is posted.
    That is true in any state, at least with respect to private property. If you come to my house or place of business I can ask you to leave at any time and for just about any reason. If you don't, you are trespassing. If the reason I asked you to leave is because you are carrying a firearm (even with a lawful CCW), you are still a trespasser and subject to arrest. Your second amendment rights don't supersede my rights as a private property owner.

It sounds like the most recent psycho may have bought his firearm through a private party sale since he failed a background check. From my perspective, the seller of the weapon should share liability in some appreciable form (not murder, but enough liability that it creates a deterrence to private party sales.)

I have sold firearms before, but only to an FFL. I have always been willing to take a small hit in the price I get in exchange for knowing that my former weapons (even a single shot, break open 20 gauge shotgun) will not be resold without the purchaser at least going through a background check.

As a lawful firearm owner, I am not bothered in the least by a law that requires private party sales to go through an FFL background check. Yes, it adds about $50 and a little bit of hassle to the transaction. Big effing deal.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

How is the violence in Indiana where these weapons of destruction and mayhem are being sold and smuggled to Chicago?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don’t disagree.

Good luck changing every parental unit in the country. I think we need societal changes and leaders and role models could play a huge impact in positive change.

Not one parent out there will want to listen to me preach to them how to parent their kid. Whether I am right wrong or indifferent. Who the hell am I to tell them anything.

It’s hard enough telling the shithead in the next booth to stop bouncing around when the parents are right there. You think they want advice on actually raising their kid with respect. You think someone wants advice on raising their teenager or high schooler.
    I completely agree with you on these issues, role models are so hard to find in today's age. They can't even find role model qualities in their own parents, Hollywood forget it, 95% of them live in a fantasy world that revolves around them. Sports players, what a joke and then they turn our superhero's into SJW. Did you hear about Stan Lee's daughter and how Disney treated her father, disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I've heard that before and, quite frankly, I'm surprised that any proponent of lawful firearm ownership would make such an argument. Answer this for me: if a firearm is no different than an axe, a shovel, a car, a boat, or any other tool...then why does it deserve the protection of the Second Amendment when those other "tools" do not?

That is true in any state, at least with respect to private property. If you come to my house or place of business I can ask you to leave at any time and for just about any reason. If you don't, you are trespassing. If the reason I asked you to leave is because you are carrying a firearm (even with a lawful CCW), you are still a trespasser and subject to arrest. Your second amendment rights don't supersede my rights as a private property owner.

It sounds like the most recent psycho may have bought his firearm through a private party sale since he failed a background check. From my perspective, the seller of the weapon should share liability in some appreciable form (not murder, but enough liability that it creates a deterrence to private party sales.)

I have sold firearms before, but only to an FFL. I have always been willing to take a small hit in the price I get in exchange for knowing that my former weapons (even a single shot, break open 20 gauge shotgun) will not be resold without the purchaser at least going through a background check.

As a lawful firearm owner, I am not bothered in the least by a law that requires private party sales to go through an FFL background check. Yes, it adds about $50 and a little bit of hassle to the transaction. Big effing deal.
    I completely agree with you on - "I have sold firearms before, but only to an FFL. I have always been willing to take a small hit in the price I get in exchange for knowing that my former weapons (even a single shot, break open 20 gauge shotgun) will not be resold without the purchaser at least going through a background check.

As a lawful firearm owner, I am not bothered in the least by a law that requires private party sales to go through an FFL background check. Yes, it adds about $50 and a little bit of hassle to the transaction. Big effing deal." I am the same way. Any fire arm I have sold has always gone through an FFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post

Because liberals want to ban them. Once they are gone the Government can do what they want.

As a lawful firearm owner, I am not bothered in the least by a law that requires private party sales to go through an FFL background check. Yes, it adds about $50 and a little bit of hassle to the transaction. Big effing deal.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this!

Page 121 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast