Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: Recent Shooting and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    It only needs to stop one mass murder....that would be a start...
    Yes I totally agree. I was being totally serious and not trying to be condescending.

Nothing but a Thing Honor2afault's Avatar

Lets Be Honest...

There's no way to "fix" an issue that has been manifesting and growing exponentially for the past 30+ years. Sorry to say it, but Nope, no way.
    Socially speaking, with the current state of our society, which is damn near that of Orvilles 1984, with the exception that instead of the government having eyes on everyone, it's Society via YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and every other social media network out there that's watching everyone. All the government has to do is monitor them, which it has already admitted to.
    With everyone being subjected to unsolicited scrutiny and being judged, prosecuted and, in many facets, executed publicly via social media and that so many people, from elementary school age to the true elderly put such stock in this shit that the idea, concept, functionality and design of our judicial system, as fucked up as it is, is rendered as an afterthought or subsidiary institution.
    We cannot turn back time or wish this cluster fuck of a situation fixed. So we are forced to deal with the ramifications of this. I, truly and wholeheartedly do, wish that loving one another was that easy to accomplish. However, honesty, like truth, simply is and we can either see it for what it is or continue to wear the blinders that society, that Cluster Fuck known as Political Correctness (talk about an oxymoron) , and the biases that we were raised with have placed upon our collective heads.
    If, and I do say this with less than a grain of salt and very loosely, we as a society don't find something in the near future to fundamentally and effectively curtail the neglect of proper moral and ethical teaching of todays parents and youth, I believe (fear) that severe actions will be taken by the powers that be. Or, if as a social collective we run to the government for a "fix" no one and I do mean No One will like the outcome.
    Think of the effects of marshal law. Think what you will, but it is a possibility and would offer a "temporary solution", one with no time limit. Think if they made use of those "rehabilitation centers" that no one wants to admit are there or the purpose for which they were built. Yes, these are extreme measures, I admit, but still a possible solution. And our government has done this and worse to our citizens in the past for "their own wellbeing".
    A compromise between letting a society that's all but fucking worthless in terms of being moral, ethical or showing the least bit of sense (common or otherwise), and the extreme side that our less then benevolent government has proven to be, historically, would be to require everyone to serve in our military for at least 1 full term.
    Yes, I understand that each branch would have to revamp its current structure to be more stringent, but in being more stringent would weed out or bring to the forefront those that do have those mental deficiencies and would allow for those to be dealt with under a regulated protocol. Those aspects that are lacking in our society could also be taught in a controlled environment, I mean parents, society, administrators ect. don't want to take a part in it and they DO need to be taught and Learned by everyone. It would help turn the whiny assed, butthurt pussies that have no ambition to be anything but a burden on everyone else, into contributing, functional members of, hopefully, a better, stronger society.
    Looking around the world, specifically at those countries that have the lowest crime rates, per capita, the highest economic output, per capita, and most stable, gross, society, most have an aspect that is common to all. And, as it stands, those who require the longest stint in service by All of their population are, and have been, the most stable countries on this big blue marble we all call home.
    (climbs off soapbox, again)
    Thank you and have a great day.
    Courtesy is given. Respect is Earned.

That brings up a good point, how do we ever really know if a measure stops a mass murder? There is no feedback loop, so good ideas are difficult to discover. Additionally, good measures take time to show up in data and we need everyone to agree on which metrics are important.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    That brings up a good point, how do we ever really know if a measure stops a mass murder? There is no feedback loop, so good ideas are difficult to discover. Additionally, good measures take time to show up in data and we need everyone to agree on which metrics are important.

Concealed Carry Holders have stopped murders.... but most don't want to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Concealed Carry Holders have stopped murders.... but most don't want to hear that.
    I’d be afraid of getting shot by the cops. Like in that recent news story of the security guard that had a shooter disarmed and pinned and the cops rolled up, saw the gun, and killed the guard. No thanks.

Recent Shooting and Discussion

I know no one likes TSA.... but how many hijackings have occurred since 9/11? (Zero in the United States)

Better/higher level of security is a must. Much like the airlines.

I feel like a broken record bringing him back up. For those who don’t want to read his books. Maybe give this article a read. Sad that this article is about a decade old and not much has changed. We need to start thinking of violence like firemen think of fire....

https://www.policeone.com/school-vio...emy-is-denial/
    Last edited by HighwayTrout; Today at 11:01 AM.
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I’d be afraid of getting shot by the cops. Like in that recent news story of the security guard that had a shooter disarmed and pinned and the cops rolled up, saw the gun, and killed the guard. No thanks.

.... or the time No citizen pulled a gun and 12 people died. No plan is perfect.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455