Yes I have a thing about Jeeps

PatyWagon

Now that I'm back in a JK, I've looked back. Starting in 1993 or so began the run. It went like this - CJ5, XJ, TJ (3), KK, JK, MK (2), JK (2), BU, and finally 4th JK and so far the best of the 4 JKs! During these years were 2 children, family obligations, gas crisis, lost of employment, move to new state, etc that caused the jumping around. All of the above were pavement pounder DDs, that got me/us thru all weather to work and home. My question to all is what was your progression in the brand? Where did you start and end?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Scrambler

‘14 JK, ‘97 TJ, ‘15 Renegade, ‘01 XJ (think it was an ‘01), ‘10 JK. Still own the renegade and the ‘10 JK. Wish I had never gotten rid of the ‘14, but you live and you learn.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockingK

Started in 75 with dad, built my first car with him, 1942 Ford MB, 1979 CJ5, 1980 CJ7 (originally my dads, passed on to me a few years back with 20k on the clock, now 24k still in the family) 1942 CJ2A, 2009 JK. Thanks for sharing your story!

PatyWagon

Started in 75 with dad, built my first car with him, 1942 Ford MB, 1979 CJ5, 1980 CJ7 (originally my dads, passed on to me a few years back with 20k on the clock, now 24k still in the family) 1942 CJ2A, 2009 JK. Thanks for sharing your story!
Thank you!! I forgot to add the very first signs of this affliction was around 1975, dad worked for AMC & on the showroom was the most beautiful yellow CJ (5 I think) "dad I want that!" Resounding "hell no" , didn't deter me just took 30+ years to get the first one lol. In dads defense he drove a. Willys md or Ford jpw all over France in WWII, and could have been a little jaded.

RockingK

Thank you!! I forgot to add the very first signs of this affliction was around 1975, dad worked for AMC & on the showroom was the most beautiful yellow CJ (5 I think) "dad I want that!" Resounding "hell no" , didn't deter me just took 30+ years to get the first one lol. In dads defense he drove a. Willys md or Ford jpw all over France in WWII, and could have been a little jaded.

Thanks for the back story LOL, caught an error on my part. My dad would have taken me to the wood shed for getting this wrong. I should have said 1942 Ford GPW, the Willy’s version was MB.🙄

Johnlmt33

They say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. i don't have a thing about Jeeps, I have a problem. I bought my first in '94 a YJ, then traded that in '98 for a '94 ZJ. Swapped that for a '98 TJ in '00. In '03 the wife traded her Cavalier in for '01WJ and I traded the TJ in for '03 KJ. Then we in '06 we got a '05 WK for the KJ and in '12 got an MK for the WJ. Now we have a '14 JK and '17 KL. I think I need help.

PatyWagon

Thanks to everybody for the great replies! It's always better to have company when afflicted, "misery loves company",' i plan on continuing to be miserable [emoji1]

jsukey

Oh yeah, here comes another list! "Long breath in"...'93 YJ, '93 ZJ, '96 ZJ, '07 JK, '10 JK, '10 WK1! Still have the '07 JK and the '10 WK1. Gotta love 'em!

TGPJKUR

Well I haven't been through a ton of Jeeps, only three since 1994. Bought a 95 ZJ brand new and kept it for 18 years, it was lifted and wheeled for the last 5 years or so that I had it. I bought a 98 5.9 limited used and immediately swapped a 242 case in it and lifted it, had it less than a year. I now have my 12 JKUR that we picked up new in March of 12. I'm waiting on the eco diesel to come available to continue my years owning Jeeps.

Brute

Hooked
Now that I'm back in a JK, I've looked back. Starting in 1993 or so began the run. It went like this - CJ5, XJ, TJ (3), KK, JK, MK (2), JK (2), BU, and finally 4th JK and so far the best of the 4 JKs! During these years were 2 children, family obligations, gas crisis, lost of employment, move to new state, etc that caused the jumping around. All of the above were pavement pounder DDs, that got me/us thru all weather to work and home. My question to all is what was your progression in the brand? Where did you start and end?

That's pretty impressive...

I've owned many 4x4's but only 3 jeeps, which I still own...

Last edited:

DR DPE

My first Jeep was a 87 wrangler Sahara I bought new when I joined the military. This was my baby and it went thru many transitions. I bought a used 87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Brought a new 1999 Jeep Cherokee to bring my first kid home In the Utah snow. I then bought a 2007 JKUR, sold it and then bought BLK III, a 2008 Black JKUR that’s here to stay.

DR DPE

My first Jeep was a 87 wrangler Sahara I bought new when I joined the military. This was my baby and it went thru many transitions. I bought a used 87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Brought a new 1999 Jeep Cherokee to bring my first kid home In the Utah snow. I then bought a 2007 JKUR, sold it and then bought BLK III, a 2008 Black JKUR that’s here to stay.

Image1518964426.639917.jpg Image1518964440.504028.jpg

DR DPE

Image1518964844.706816.jpg

Top Bottom