M37 Barn find

RockingK

Howdy boys,

A few months back, a friend of mine inherited his uncles farm. The farm had several out buildings and a barn. After several weeks of emptying tons and tons of farm equipment, mostly junk in the far back corner, under several layers of moving blankets, plywood etc. was a 1952 M37 Oregon clear title and Yosemite Sam floor mats. My friend called me immediately, as he is not a car guy at all and knew I was. And oh, he said I could have it if could get it out. I am looking for feedback of what I should do with it. Restore to original? Make it a driver? (Top speed 45mph). Or re-power, put a modern suspension under it and go wheeling. (Wheeling is my passion and the way I’m headed). So after a few trips to the farm and some busted knuckles, got it running and driving, but no stopping. Getting my trailer up there in a few weeks to pick it up. Everybody, I’d like to introduce the “Rocking K Ranch” newest family member...(need a name) thinking of Sarge, Gunny, E9 give me some ideas. So here it is B60ABCB5-04DF-4768-A8D2-39DF981629F6.jpg 448FEF4D-D21B-4358-9034-854F8935B868.jpg 542B6EBF-2A43-4EFD-9B5E-BFAB8EA70113.jpg DB46FDB3-B410-4CE2-8127-AACAF7CACEFF.jpg 9D668920-B7CE-4B48-AB27-756C450BEA07.jpg

Attachments

• 65F1FC9D-E30D-4392-8F7C-375C1014F556.jpg
    65F1FC9D-E30D-4392-8F7C-375C1014F556.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 468

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy hell that thing is sweet! While I am passionate about wheeling and enough so that I prefer my rigs to be modern and capable. Of course, I'm also passionate about old iron and prefer them to stay just the way they came. But, this is your rig and I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Congrats to you.

Ddays

Hooked
You are a lucky man - what a sweet find! If it were mine I'd fix the brakes and drive it. I would keep the body as-is. It looks great the way it is - dents and all.

RockingK

Holy hell that thing is sweet! While I am passionate about wheeling and enough so that I prefer my rigs to be modern and capable. Of course, I'm also passionate about old iron and prefer them to stay just the way they came. But, this is your rig and I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Congrats to you.

Thank you, it would make a great ranch truck as is.

You are a lucky man - what a sweet find! If it were mine I'd fix the brakes and drive it. I would keep the body as-is. It looks great the way it is - dents and all.

Thanks, I am lucky and the brakes are first on the list for sure and may just leave it alone.

That thing is great!! I would drive it as is (with breaks). For a around town vehicle.

Thank you, it is cool in its current state and my town is very small, it would fit right in as is plus brakes😳

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome !! Love it

Great Barn Find!! I think “Yosemite Sam” is perfect!

Wow! Amazing to find that just sitting. My .02 would be a original restoration.

RockingK

Great Barn Find!! I think “Yosemite Sam” is perfect!

I think your on to something👍

Wow! Amazing to find that just sitting. My .02 would be a original restoration

Thanks, original is cool.

Another vote to keep it close to original with a few minor upgrades to make it a bit more safe. Great barn find and story!

Thank you, your right a few minor upgrades to make it a safe and reliable driver is probably the way I’ll end up going. I think the gearing is something like 583.

Thank you

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Way cool! I’m with Ddays and make it a runner and see where it leads you after you work the kinks out. Awesome friend and again Way cool!

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Another vote to keep it close to original with a few minor upgrades to make it a bit more safe. Great barn find and story!

I would keep it as original as safely possible. Depending on how the brakes and suspension feel, I would recommend upgrading them so I knew when I drove it I would be able to control it.

Congratulations on the great find! Enjoy bringing her back to life in the manner you see fit!

Top Bottom