Favorite Quotes...From Ben Franklin Or Whomever...

WJCO

Meme King
Lol. Great thread idea. I really got passionate about American History about 10 years ago or so. I learned a ton of quotes from Ben, Thomas, etc that I had never even recalled learning in school. They were powerful. I'll try to post some gems here.

WJCO

Meme King
“Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.” -Thomas Jefferson

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? -Jesus

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Quite possibly one of my top 10 favorite no bs people.. James “mad dog” Mattis. There are far too many great quotes from him but here are a couple of them...

"I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word."

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I’ll kill you all."

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RageKage

As someone that has always done my own things, done things my way, dressed my own way, never cared what anyone thought about me or my personality, and have always been that “one of a kind person,” etc. these quotes stick with me.

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

“Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”

-Bruce Lee

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it, yourself. —Benjamin Franklin

To argue with a person who has denounced reason, is like administering medicine to the dead.—Thomas Paine

“What sort of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” “A republic, madam. If you can keep it.” —Benjamin Franklin

Top Bottom