Wave from San Jose, CA [emoji1309]

ka-bar

Hey all,

Really new to jeeping here. Got our 2016 JKUR manual trans 2 years ago. Fell in love with it immediately! New to wheeling too, but we’ve been over a lot of what Hollister Hills has to offer and have made a trip down to Mojave. Mostly mild stuff until our little Jeep can grow up.

We’re looking at 2.5” lift and 35’s for now. I’d like to jump to 3.5” w/ 37’s, but I’d like to grow our skills with the Jeep. Maybe that sounds funny, but it’s also my wife’s DD and I want to do incremental growth so she’s happy with it the whole time. Also, I don’t know what I think about reinforcing stock axles vs upgraded swaps, etc. Probably over thinking it!

So far: we’ve replaced the exhaust with aFe exhaust, the stock one got smashed [emoji16], installed Poison Spyder Brawler Lite front bumper and Warn VR10 (going to do their rear bumper and flares too), VIAIR compressor under the hood, nifty Hi-Lift jack mount from Offroad Dominion, and speaker upgrade so we can actually listen to tunes with the top and doors off.

That’s about it for now. Saving up cash for flares, rear bumper, lift, wheels and tires now. I already told the kids they’re on their own for college, [emoji23]. I’ve been checking Craigslist because I’m thinking of selling my truck to buy a second Jeep [emoji23]. Help! I think I’m sick!!

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avstec

Welcome to WAL from Ontario Canada 🍺. Other than adding c gussets to your front axle I would recommend just wheeling and replace parts as needed. Save up money for new axles when you decide to go to 37s.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockingK

Welcome Tyler

Thank you for saying hello on your very first post, most refreshing and a welcome to Wayalife from Foresthill Ca,from a transplant from South Bay. You are going about this the right way and will be amazed at what your Jeep can do with a little lift and 35’s. I would have to agree with others that if you decide to go to 37’s, have a axle upgrade in your plan. 👋

SJCJK

Welcome, also from San Jose!!

I have a 3” EVO Enforcer with drag link flip, ranch 9000’s, and 35” Cooper STT pros. Been to Hollister and Sierras and really love it. No regrets at all. Did put C’s in front axle to add some insurance. Check out the Enforced thread for folks experience with this lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ka-bar

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I do plan on C gussets and perhaps Dynatrac ball joints with 35’s, but can’t see investing more into stock axles (truss, sleeves, gears) if I intend to go to 37’s eventually. From what I’ve read, the 4:10 gears will be just fine with 35’s for now.

I’m already impressed with what we can do stock. Can’t wait for the bump that a modest lift and tires will bring [emoji2]. Definitely think that use (and breakage!) will show me an upgrade path that makes sense.

black pearl

Hooked
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I do plan on C gussets and perhaps Dynatrac ball joints with 35’s, but can’t see investing more into stock axles (truss, sleeves, gears) if I intend to go to 37’s eventually. From what I’ve read, the 4:10 gears will be just fine with 35’s for now.

I’m already impressed with what we can do stock. Can’t wait for the bump that a modest lift and tires will bring [emoji2]. Definitely think that use (and breakage!) will show me an upgrade path that makes sense.

I have 35s with 4:10s 6 speed manual. It works just fine. Some people might find it sluggish but I drive a jeep not a street car. I'm not trying to race or go fast in it, I just want to drive over big things [emoji23]

ka-bar

Thanks guys! I appreciate the welcome [emoji1309]

Got my profile sorted out. Kind of a pain to do on my phone, but my laptop is a hunk of junk. I’d rather stare cross eyed at my phone than waste my life waiting for stuff to load on the old laptop. That upgrade will just have to wait until the Jeep is done [emoji2]

btw, I don’t really speak emoji, I just fake it to stay young and relevant [emoji23] so if I ever use a totally inappropriate [emoji886][emoji90] it’s because I’m ignorant... sorry in advance

ka-bar

Welcome to WAL from VA!

Thanks! I haven’t been to VA in a lot of years. Is the Marlboro monument still standing at Phillip Morris HQ along 95? Probably near Richmond. I thought that was funny back in the day when I still smoked. I imagine the anti smoking crowd would want that torn down.

Top Bottom