Need help!!

IronDuke

I have a 94 yj 2.5 manual. While driving it started to sputter like it was out of gas and finally stalled. I turned the key and I get a single click. I tried to jump but still a single click. I have lights and radio. I checked the fuses and relays. I'm stumped.

Sent from my Z837VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If it sputtered and stalled, but now you only have a single click, make sure the engine isn't seized. Put a socket on your front crankshaft pulley and see if the motor turns.

If battery light came on prior, check charging voltage as well if you can get it running again.

IronDuke

If it sputtered and stalled, but now you only have a single click, make sure the engine isn't seized. Put a socket on your front crankshaft pulley and see if the motor turns.

If battery light came on prior, check charging voltage as well if you can get it running again.
Check engine light came on prior to it stalling

Sent from my Z837VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

PT1400

Check the electrical connections for both the starter and the battery. Make sure they're clean. If you are pulling the battery to have it tested, pull the starter as well. If your connections are clean and good you might have a bad starter.

Side note: your check engine light comes on every time you cycle the key. That doesn't mean there's a code or that there is something wrong. That means the engine isn't running.

Top Bottom