Riddle me this

Oreo_penguin536

How much is still left in there? Could you maybe sacrifice a socket a touch smaller and hammer it on to get the rest out?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I tried that, ironically that’s how I got in this situation in the first place[emoji29]. Dumb ass monkey jockey in the shop where I got it from put the wrong lug on with a impact and just sent it.
I tried to do it again and what was left just rounded out, now I can’t get anything on there that’ll hold well.

Theirs maybe 1/8th-3/16ths of nut on there left

black pearl

Hooked
I tried that, ironically that’s how I got in this situation in the first place[emoji29]. Dumb ass monkey jockey in the shop where I got it from put the wrong lug on with a impact and just sent it.
I tried to do it again and what was left just rounded out, now I can’t get anything on there that’ll hold well.

Theirs maybe 1/8th-3/16ths of nut on there left

Well shit! Those are deep lug holes also. Maybe a good narrow cold chisel and split the rest of it. I don't know 🤷*♀️

Oreo_penguin536

I didn’t think of that, I’m gonna try it. This day started with a simple break pad change and turned into a broken shock mount, trashed rotor and this shenanigans [emoji23][emoji58]

sparks

Step 1: remain calm.

Had the same thing happen when trying to get a set of locks off with no key. Ended up breaking one off with about 3/16” left to work with.

Bought a set of these and gave it hell with impact. Eventually it grabbed and pulled it right out.

PB blast the crap out of it for a while first

If you want I’ll send you the extractors to use, might take a few days to get there. If it’s your DD I think I got them at Auto zone Image1518829350.974553.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
use 12 point socket, it'll bite better.

get a metric and standard socket and use the one that give the tightest fit when hammered on.

Use a breaker bar not and impact wrench- the impact will likely just cause the socket to spin and round it off even more.

Last edited:

Oreo_penguin536

Step 1: remain calm.

Had the same thing happen when trying to get a set of locks off with no key. Ended up breaking one off with about 3/16” left to work with.

Bought a set of these and gave it hell with impact. Eventually it grabbed and pulled it right out.

PB blast the crap out of it for a while first

If you want I’ll send you the extractors to use, might take a few days to get there. If it’s your DD I think I got them at Auto zone View attachment 293413

Thanks for the offer man! Much appreciated, unfortunately I gotta get this done today due to work. Is the extractor set super exspensive? Defiantly something useful to have, I’m just worried because it’s totally rounded now. Figured I’d sacrifice the stud and torch it out.
Buddy finally got back to me on the torch[emoji1476][emoji1476]

Top Bottom