Vacation destination recommendations

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I'm trying to get some ideas for a summer vacation spot somewhere within 1 state away from Nevada. We did the Oregon coast last year.

My wife wants something kid friendly with good scenery and maybe somewhere that we can rent a fairly private cabin or house etc. I myself would like somewhere that we can do a bit of family wheeling and exploring so not looking for difficult trails.

I figure this is a perfect place to get such recommendations. Thank you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm trying to get some ideas for a summer vacation spot somewhere within 1 state away from Nevada. We did the Oregon coast last year.

My wife wants something kid friendly with good scenery and maybe somewhere that we can rent a fairly private cabin or house etc. I myself would like somewhere that we can do a bit of family wheeling and exploring so not looking for difficult trails.

I figure this is a perfect place to get such recommendations. Thank you guys.

Check out Sunriver, OR. Tons to do and a beautiful area. Lots of bike trails in the neighborhood along with a water park. There’s a little village area with shopping, ice cream, places to book activities. We go for a week every year. Always a great time. And you could book it at the same time as the Bend Brewfest which is awesome if you’re into craft beer.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the ideas guys, keep them coming. Moab would definitely be high on my list, but the wife wants more woodsy. I think Big Bear might be one of our top choices.

JAGS

Hooked
I would put a vote in for Zion as well. You could also hit up Bryce on a day trip. Both national parks. Surrounding areas are beautiful. Having been to these and living near Big bear, Zion is a whole nother level.

We rented a vacation house next to zion national park in Utah and it was great. If you like hiking exploring on foot.

This is high on my list... are there no Jeep trails there?

Not in the park itself but in the surrounding areas there are lots of trails for day trips.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Not sure how old your kids are but if they’re in decent shape and at least in they’re teens you could blow they’re minds with angels landing hike in zion. One of the coolest things we’ve done.

Disclaimer- people do fall to their death though. Recently a 13 year old girl whose parents let her out of their sight. Not to freak you out but it is dangerous.

“Fairly private” in or around Zion NP is going to be tough goal. Loved the park. I wish I had a week or two to really explore it. But the crowds were intense. Think Disneyland type crowds.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Not sure how old your kids are but if they’re in decent shape and at least in they’re teens you could blow they’re minds with angels landing hike in zion. One of the coolest things we’ve done.

Disclaimer- people do fall to their death though. Recently a 13 year old girl whose parents let her out of their sight. Not to freak you out but it is dangerous.

Yeah sounds a bit above their level. Kids range in age from 2 to 13.

Well that blows. Did you go on a holiday?

Yea it was a major turn off. Kinda normal time for it to get real busy. Beginning of summer with cool/coldish perfect hiking temps. It was May of 2016.

Had an all around bad experience in Zion. Icing on the cake. It has been the only National Park where the rangers wouldn’t give my kid a junior ranger badge. A maintenance worker heard my conversation with the two rangers and some how found me later in the day and handed my kid a badge so it all worked out. Now years later I still get fired up over that stupid badge and those rangers. Haha
IMG_3410.JPG .

TrailHunter

Hooked
It happens.... I bet the rangers get sick of the crowds... I’m more of an off season kinda guy.. less people the better. That’s an awesome badge collection she’s got goin. [emoji1360]

Brute

Hooked
Consider a resort near Wahweap Marina on Lake Powell...rent a small boat, (or a houseboat) that lake is incredible...and most likely in close proximity to wheeling trails, hot air ballooning and hiking...

Top Bottom