Sno*Blind 2018

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
This year's annual Sno*Blind, put on by the Muchuggers 4WD Club has already come and gone.

SnoBlind 2018-4.jpg

Like most events, you wait for registration to open with a bit of excitement. The event typically fills in 24-48 hours, so you need to be paying attention. Then comes 3 months of waiting. Suddenly, things happen in a rush. Rush to get things set at work; to get packed; get the dogs to the kennel; and, get your butt on the road :).

SnoBlind 2018-3.jpg

This was a better year than last. Last year was a tad warmer than ideal. With temps only reaching 20-24F each day, it kept the snow crisp and traction was outstanding. As temps get closer to freezing, along with the Sun's help, traction falls dramatically. Worse, with the trails having been worked over by others beforehand, icing can become a big issue. Nothing like struggling to climb a 300' 25% grade, only to lose traction. Sliding backward at 15-20MPH definitely puckers one's rear-end.

Wheeling's as much a social event as anything. The first day's group was our, my and my wife's, favorite. The whole group just seemed to click. A 'just right' amount of banter on the radio. Just enjoyed ourselves immensely. Probably one of the best groups we've wheeled with in a while.

SnoBlind 2018-2.jpg

One of my favorite picks is actually, not of my own Jeep ;), but rather has Tom's yellow CJ in it. At least for me, his CJ seems to best represent the quintessential Jeep. Sort of like that 'doggy in the window,' his seems to represent all the 'classic' aspects I'd come to love.

SnoBlind 2018.jpg

SO here's to a great Sno*Blind 2018 :)

Last edited:

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
looks like good times :thumb:

what are the stacked logs for?

Sno*Blind is held in the West Branch, Michigan, area.

West Branch.jpg

There's a lot of heavy logging in the area. Year-by-year, you never know if you'll encounter a thousand acre block of logged hills, later replanted. It's not pretty. It's a big reason why you don't go trail-blazing a field in the snow. Them trees don't get cut at ground level :).

Last edited:
Top Bottom