35s or 37s

TC1201JK

Do I go with 35s or will 37s fit with the following set up?
'17 2 door Recon
2" mopar lift
Rear flare deletes
Narrow front flat flare
4.5" backspace
Stubby front bumper
Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tippedover

I would not do 37s till u beef up the axels and stuff, all depends how u drive but if ur going of road might want to focus on the strength of the axel set before going 37s

wjtstudios

Hooked
I ran 37s for years on rubi axles. I bent the rear flanges on the rear axle shafts and replace them with revolution shafts and didn’t have any issues after that. I’d run them, upgrade the shafts when you have issues and when the front starts to fail, replace it with a dynatrac or equal. You should do the pro grip brake upgrade. The stock brakes can’t handle 37s.

TC1201JK

I ran 37s for years on rubi axles. I bent the rear flanges on the rear axle shafts and replace them with revolution shafts and didn’t have any issues after that. I’d run them, upgrade the shafts when you have issues and when the front starts to fail, replace it with a dynatrac or equal. You should do the pro grip brake upgrade. The stock brakes can’t handle 37s.

Pro grip brake upgrade is being done either way [emoji1303]

jeeeep

Hooked
'17 2 door Recon
2" mopar lift
Rear flare deletes
Narrow front flat flare
4.5" backspace
Stubby front bumper
Thanks in advance guys.

you might need some coil spacers with that 2"lift to fit 37's, so they have some up travel clearance and offset any additional weight you put on the front (bumper, winch)

Either size tire, gusset the C's if you haven't yet.

might need a DS if you're still running the stock, if the stock DS doesn't rub on droop, you'll be good until it fails.

37's on 4.5" backspace might rub when turning. if you go with a13.5 wide tire you'll probably end up running spacers.

I have BFG KO2 37x12.5 on 4" backspace wheels and had to get spacers to stop from rubbing at full lock turn.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
'17 2 door Recon
2" mopar lift
Rear flare deletes
Narrow front flat flare
4.5" backspace
Stubby front bumper
Thanks in advance guys.

It almost depends on the tire you choose. I personally run 37” KM2s on 4.75” BS w/ 2.5” RK Lift with no issues. I even run 1.25” bumpstops up front bc the tires can go inside the flares due to my BS.

jeeeep

Hooked
It almost depends on the tire you choose. I personally run 37” KM2s on 4.75” BS w/ 2.5” RK Lift with no issues. I even run 1.25” bumpstops up front bc the tires can go inside the flares due to my BS.

4.75" back space? did you have to adjust your steering stops? it doesn't grab your brake lines or scrub on the control arms?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You actually might be okay... The recon has a 1" body lift, so the additional 2" (which will probably be closer to 3) may work. Just make sure your bump stops are correct.

The recon has beefier end forgings, so no gussets needed. [emoji106]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Last i checked it was a half inch suspension lift? Highly doubt chrysler would body lift anything

An extra 1/2” of suspension lift.

https://www.jeep.com/limited-editions/2017/wrangler/rubicon-recon/index.html

IMG_1115.jpg

BaddestCross

The recon has a body lift?

Last i checked it was a half inch suspension lift? Highly doubt chrysler would body lift anything

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the body was lifted on the Recon, but maybe I misunderstood.

different end forgings than the Rubicon D44? didn't know that
I believe the Recon models come with a UD44 axle up front. Again, maybe I misread.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
4.75" back space? did you have to adjust your steering stops? it doesn't grab your brake lines or scrub on the control arms?

I did not adjust my steering stops. While articulating the tires will rub the frame rail and the sway bar disconnect pegs but as they’re both smooth, it hasn’t been a concern.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I thought I remember reading here in a thread that 37s play serious havoc with the warranty. I can't remember the thread or if that's even true but I figured I'd mention it just in case seeing as your Jeep is still really new.

TC1201JK

Being that it is a 2 door, 35s was the plan for now and will be plenty, but just wanted to entertain the thought of 37s and get some opinions. Thanks again guys.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Being that it is a 2 door, 35s was the plan for now and will be plenty, but just wanted to entertain the thought of 37s and get some opinions. Thanks again guys.

FWIW here's what your Recon will look like with 35's except yours will be roughly 1.5" higher. It always seems to me that the camera adds 10lbs to everything except tires. In person 35's have a really beefy look to them and gives the Jeep a great stance, especially on a 2 door

MKBCE

Yes you can run 37s and yes they can break so will everything else it has a lot to do with the trails you take on and driver experience and the abuse your dishing out. Example watch 4x4 trip videos and someone sometimes breaks something...everyone not usually. Experience pare take in some 4x4 adventures and someday something will break even built rigs !

Top Bottom