My 2014 JK just threw a P06DD code.

On the way back from a trail run today she threw a code for a P06DD and she won’t go over 3500 rpm. I’m seeing some conflicting reports of it being an oil pump or the pressure switch but it seems to have put it into partial limp mode. Anyone else out there have this issue? I should also note that at idle the oil pressure is about 15-17 psi and at freeway speeds it’s reading about 42-43

Last edited:
You're welcome. Under heavy throttle, our jeep will burn oil. That's just how it is

Checked the oil and it was barely registering. Did an oil change and she’s happy again. I will watch for oil consumption. My 2014 has over 136k on her now so I’m sure she’s using a bit.
Thanks again for the input!

Parks34

Checked the oil and it was barely registering. Did an oil change and she’s happy again. I will watch for oil consumption. My 2014 has over 136k on her now so I’m sure she’s using a bit.
Thanks again for the input!

No problem!! I don't off-road but i run the crap outta mine and it's burns oil at 66k miles

Great Pumkin

I had the same problem with my 12. It ended up being a recalled head or valve I can’t remember. Make sure to keep an eye on it if it gets worse. Mine started loosing about 2 quarts per 1000 miles. Jeep ended up replacing my engine at no charge so it ended up good but almost left me stranded before.

2012 Sahara

Parks34

I had the same problem with my 12. It ended up being a recalled head or valve I can’t remember. Make sure to keep an eye on it if it gets worse. Mine started loosing about 2 quarts per 1000 miles. Jeep ended up replacing my engine at no charge so it ended up good but almost left me stranded before.

2012 Sahara

Mines nowhere close to that bad. And yeah the a/b heads were bad but i have c. The 3.6 just burns oil under heavy throttle/high rpm. I noticed 1/2 to 3/4 low in my oil change at 6k miles. I love offroading, but can't go much, so sometimes i throttle it to much on "accident"

Great Pumkin

Mines nowhere close to that bad. And yeah the a/b heads were bad but i have c. The 3.6 just burns oil under heavy throttle/high rpm. I noticed 1/2 to 3/4 low in my oil change at 6k miles. I love offroading, but can't go much, so sometimes i throttle it to much on "accident"

For sure I get it. I still burn a little at each oil change but change at 3000. I notice it more if I’m driving up the big pulls through western wyoming at 70mph more than just driving around town.

2012 Sahara

Parks34

For sure I get it. I still burn a little at each oil change but change at 3000. I notice it more if I’m driving up the big pulls through western wyoming at 70mph more than just driving around town.

2012 Sahara

I got worried at first but from what I've read it's common

Thanks all. The oil change seemed to bring the universe back into alignment. I guess running 35’s on stock gears for over a year and then moving to 37’s for the last month really has taken its toll. New axles and gears are going in next week so the higher revs and heavy throttle should be a thing of the past or at least kept to a minimum. At the mileage she’s pushing, I’m sure it’s using a bit more than normal as well.

Top Bottom