Johnson Valley

Mizippi

This trip is going to be delayed until 2019:

All. I helped organize a trip for fellow wayalifers on the rubicon trail last year. Great times were had.

I was thinking about organizing a fall trip to Johnson valley, but I am not sure of the dates yet

Questions for now
- has anyone been (KOH excluded)?
- I assume this will need to be limited to jeeps willing to get a few scratches, but what’s (37s, lockers, etc)
- how many days will it take to ride all the trails?
- is there anything else close by Worth visiting?

Johnson Valley - Fall 2018 dates TBD

I'll add more details to this post as time goes on. PM me if you're interested in going.

Minimum requirements:

1) An actual functioning CB

2) Front and rear recovery points

3) Front and rear lockers (!!)

4) 40”+ tires

5) 2"-4" lift.

6) Experience. This is not a
beginners run (!!!!!!)

7) Fire extinguisher

8) Food, drinks, ice, Trash bags, etc

9) Camping gear? (No clue yet)

Day 1 TBD
Day 2 TBD
Day 3 TBD
Day 4 TBD

Websites:
https://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Johnson_Valley_OHV_Area

Oh, this is my second time to organize a trip thru wayalife, so this may go slower than some of you are use to. PM me if you're interested in going.
------

Going:

1) Mizippi +1

2)

Tentative:

1)

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

I was stationed at 29 Palms and for sure don’t go anytime near the summer. Hell even spring and fall are hot in the middle of the day.

Big Bear isn’t that far so you could do that was well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You want to run all the trails? What kind of buggy do you have?

You can run a lot out there but you won’t hit them all. If you don’t know where they are they are hard to find also. There are a lot that are fun but they are short too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mizippi

Oh please, it's just the Hammers. Who needs a buggy when you've got a JK and running 37's :thumb:

Clearly, you're not a badass. :naw: :crazyeyes:

I am sorry, are you saying it’s not worth running Johnson valley in a JK/JL? Have you run it? Would you run it? Suggestions/feedback welcome. Thx in advance.

I am hearing 40s and willing to get damage. What else?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am sorry, are you saying it’s not worth running Johnson valley in a JK/JL? Have you run it? Would you run it? Suggestions/feedback welcome. Thx in advance.

I am hearing 40s and willing to get damage. What else?

Nope, not saying that at all. I'm just a mall crawler and haven't run shit. I'm sure ya'll will have a hell of a time.

FallonJeeper

It's a wide variety of trails. There are certainly trails that you can do with a JK on 37s. But there are many that even Ultra4 cars with 40s have to winch.

There are locals that play there every weekend. I'm sure if you had the right guide you could find plenty to do with a JK on 37s.

Having raced it, my mind instantly goes to all the hard stuff. So don't mind me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mizippi

Nope, not saying that at all. I'm just a mall crawler and haven't run shit. I'm sure ya'll will have a hell of a time.

I was truly just looking for your feed back. Come run it with us!!

2007 2WD (upgrades: Hemi, Atlas, 1 Tons, 40s, etc)

Mizippi

It's a wide variety of trails. There are certainly trails that you can do with a JK on 37s. But there are many that even Ultra4 cars with 40s have to winch.

There are locals that play there every weekend. I'm sure if you had the right guide you could find plenty to do with a JK on 37s.

Having raced it, my mind instantly goes to all the hard stuff. So don't mind me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the feedback.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was truly just looking for your feed back. Come run it with us!!

Nothing personal but running all the trails out in the Hammers with a bunch of guys that I don't know and in rigs that are "just" built up enough to start thinking about playing on a few of them, isn't exactly my idea of fun.

Mizippi

Completely understand. Nothing was taken personally on my end.

Last year, some friends and I took our jeeps out to the rubicon, moab and Ouray. As part of that we opened the rubicon part of the trip up to WAYALIFE in case anyone wanted to go since Texas Exodus was kind enough to let us join their runs.

IMG_4145.jpg IMG_4269.jpg

Great times!

This year we were thinking about Johnson valley, so we thought we would open it up again. It’s pretty clear from this feedback that the rigs need to be capable, so I will continue to update post #1 as we go along.

Thx again everyone for the feedback.

Top Bottom