4 link

Oreo_penguin536

Sorry for bombing the forums with shit back to back, lots of questions.

Anyway, I was curious, how hard or dangerous would it be to make my own 4 link system? Is it worth it? How fast can it be done? Long arm or short arm?
I’m looking for only around 4 inches of lift and I’d like to use my current axles if that’s possible if their are ways to beef them up, other wise I’d switch to full wides for the wide stance, I believe corporate 14 rear and either 44 or 60 up front people run for the super wide stance that are full widths or what ever? (Correct me if I’m wrong). What all is involved for this? Just any info anyone has, I’ve exhausted google and haven’t found answers to some of these questions

I’ve been in the fabrication/welding trade for roughly 4 years, and I’d have my buddy helping who has the same experience. I also have access to a lift, plasma cutters, welders etc etc if that makes stuff easier/faster

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
It's completely doable. Because you have leaf springs you would have to take into account, adding spring perches, new shock mounts, bump stops etc.... this would be on frame and axel sides. if it were me I would do long arm

black pearl

Hooked
The top ones (kings) are the coilovers I'm talking about.
The bottom one though it can still be called a coilover it's closer to a strut set up... to me at least.

Edit: with the kings you would be able to adjust your preload to set your height right where you want it or make changes to ride height Farley easily

Last edited:

Oreo_penguin536

The top ones (kings) are the coilovers I'm talking about.
The bottom one though it can still be called a coilover it's closer to a strut set up... to me at least.

Edit: with the kings you would be able to adjust your preload to set your height right where you want it or make changes to ride height Farley easily

Buuuuttt their 500 a shock, aka 2k+ just for springs? Is a 4 link that worth it?

black pearl

Hooked
I was just thinking about it if you did a double triangulated 4 link a truss over the rear differential would be best.
Also another part you would have to add in is track bar ... not sure why I didn't remember that part [emoji23] but kinda important with four link

Oreo_penguin536

I was just thinking about it if you did a double triangulated 4 link a truss over the rear differential would be best.
Also another part you would have to add in is track bar ... not sure why I didn't remember that part [emoji23] but kinda important with four link

Can you use the old mounts or fab new ones?

Lmao only one of the most important pieces to forget🤣

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

Double triangulated 4 link doesn’t need a trackbar. The angles provide lateral axle location.

Top Bottom