35s and 37s

robertcfi

We just bought a 2015 JKU. It has a 3.5 inch lift with 35inch tires/chrome wheels and 3.73 gears. This is my wife’s daily driver going about 25 miles per day. Most common speed is 55 mph.

This is my wife’s vehicle during the day; both of ours on the weekend at the trails.

If the current setup gets messed up at all: I’m getting divorced.

My thought is to buy 37s with beadlock rims; gear to 4.56, make the additional upgrades for the wheels and use this setup for the weekend trails.

My question is: if I make these upgrades, will moving back to the 35s on the weekdays for my wife to drive make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
With those upgrades I don't see you having any issues with switching back and forth. That's a lot of work each week. Why not just keep the 37s on all the time? Whats the reason for switching to 35s during the week? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I would think 4.56 ratio is kinda low for 37s also.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
With those upgrades I don't see you having any issues with switching back and forth. That's a lot of work each week. Why not just keep the 37s on all the time? Whats the reason for switching to 35s during the week? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I would think 4.56 ratio is kinda low for 37s also.

Yes. He’d need at least 4.88.

robertcfi

Clutch: you make a good point, honestly 35s are fine for 90% of our trails. I’m just getting a second set of wheels/tires. My wife doesn’t want to mess up her pretty chrome wheels. I want more performance so if I do all the axle upgrades then why not get 37s was my thought?

Top Bottom