AC and Heat Panel

Richbeast

Hopefully someone can help me out. So on my 07 Jeep, the ac and heat do work. I am having problem with being able to change the air coming from the ground or defroster area. It just comes out from the front. Like I said ac and heat work, and I can change the strength of air coming out low and high. The only switch that does not seem to work is the one to change where the air comes out from. Any ideas on what could be, an if it would be an easy fix or should i take it to a shop.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rynob79

Sounds like your mode door is stuck or the mode door actuator is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rynob79

I’d have to do a little research on the jk. I’ll be on the road today but I’ll try to check back in tonight if I can.

Rynob79

Actually after some quick reading it’s not electrically actuated on the jk. It’s controlled by a cable that runs from the back side of the switch to the door behind the glove box. Remove your dash center section to check the cable at the switch side and remove the glove box to check at the mode door side. I suspect you’ll find the problem fairly easily.

Richbeast

Actually after some quick reading it’s not electrically actuated on the jk. It’s controlled by a cable that runs from the back side of the switch to the door behind the glove box. Remove your dash center section to check the cable at the switch side and remove the glove box to check at the mode door side. I suspect you’ll find the problem fairly easily.

Aight thank you, I will be checking it out this weekend once I come back from training.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom