1998 4.0l

jeep hunter

Hello everyone! New to this forum and thought I would throw out this question. I am currently looking at a 98 Cherokee 4x4. But I can't find info on whether or not the 98 has the "bullet proof" motor? I'm assuming that term is referencing the Chrysler made inline 6 cyl motor that we know and love?

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
My wife had a 98 Cherokee with the 4.0l and got 206,xxx before it gave up a head gasket and I have a 99 TJ with the 4.0 also that has over 211,000 miles and still runs strong.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IgotaWoody39

Here's another great site as it pertains to all the XJ's

Go to google, type in word for word,,,, XJ Jeeps 1984 - 2001 Reference documents ,, open first link,,,xjjeeps, this will be All ref docs, specs, parts catalog, service manuals, body manuals, everything...good luck...

IgotaWoody39

Check out the two links I provided,,,one has everything about the xj's if you donthave them already & their free, the other article from engine builders tells you about the differences between the heads from 84 thru 2001,,,

Hello everyone! New to this forum and thought I would throw out this question. I am currently looking at a 98 Cherokee 4x4. But I can't find info on whether or not the 98 has the "bullet proof" motor? I'm assuming that term is referencing the Chrysler made inline 6 cyl motor that we know and love?

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom