Can you guys advice me please on couple questions and maybe some suggestions?

nomorenoless

Hello guys,

This is my first post about my first Jeep ever, so please bear with my ignorance and stupid questions.

A friend of mine bought and sold to me very cheap jeep, it is an Unlimited Sport 2013, the most important value I found was that it had only 28499 miles of road only, the engine and transmission looks awesome, this jeep was modified in 2013 by a tuner from Florida called "Alex Vegas" so technically it is an AVORZA, but of course, 5 years has pass since that modification was made and after a while I've decided to modify it and rename my Jeep to "Atlas" in honor to my new Smittybilt XRC Front and Rear Atlas bumpers. as well other elements.

So here come my questions, I have decided to order the MetalCloak LOCK-N-LOAD LONG ARM COMPOUND SUSPENSION, 4.5"/ ROCKSPORT L/T EDITION
drive chaffs and all the different parts needed are on their way, including a whole METALCLOAK HD STEERING SYSTEM, JK WRANGLER, ROCKSPORT EDITION I decided to go ROCKEDITION due two factors, one I am a newbie, second I don't want to be filling with nitrogen the 6pack every 5 months, no way!

I was told by MetalCloak that I need new axle's I have a final 30 on the front and a Dina 44 in the rear, but I do not trust any of these, after read here on the forum I came to the conclusion that nothing terraflex will ever be in my jeep, so I have only couple options left, I like a lot the G2 JK CORE 44 Front and Rear Axle With 4.88 Ratio and 35 Spline ARB Air Locker Differential - C4JMFS488AP5

Questions:
Should I go 44 or 60? this axle I have choice is good? what you guys recommend me.

Jeep specifications:

2013 JK
Stock engine
Automatic
Beautiful!

Last edited:
First off welcome to WAL. Head over to the wave section and introduce yourself. It will go a long way in getting people interested and engaged. No stupid questions at all. As far as what you are wanting you have to ask yourself what do YOU want to do with your Jeep? Hardcore crawler? Weekend trail rig but daily driver during the week? Or will it just mostly see pavement? If you’re looking for axle upgrades I’d strongly suggest Dynatrac. They offer an excellent 44/60 package that wouldn’t cost much more than the G2 packages you are looking at but the quality and craftsmanship is far better than anything on the market. They will come complete the lockers of your choice and setup ready to install. As far as metalcloak... I can’t really say as I have no experience with them but...again for the money you would spend there, you have better options such as Evo manufacturing. Look into their kits. I think you will be pleasantly surprised and happy.
Good luck.

nomorenoless

What size tires do you plan on running ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great question! At the moment I have a set of XD series 30” with a full set of tires nitto terra grappler I am assuming if I will upgrade the suspension and axle the tires must be changed as well or maybe I am wrong, I hope you guys help me to see it through.

About what I wanna do with my Jeep? Easy, I have another car for my day a dar errands but I want the Jeep to go full outdoors where the next hotel be miles away, it doesn’t matter the terrain, I don’t think I will be driving on rocks but if I have to, I want to have my gear tuned for it. About MetalCloak it is already a done deal, no way to back off now.

If I need a new tires what you guys advice with the set of wheels that I have already? They are awesome!!!

nomorenoless

First off welcome to WAL. Head over to the wave section and introduce yourself. It will go a long way in getting people interested and engaged.

Sorry man I didn’t saw the section I’ll go in a bit, Thanks for the advice, about Dynatrack any suggestion about them? I don’t wanna change my engine period, nor my transmissions so with what I have what would be best, 44/60 tires doesn’t matter that will be the last as all depend of what will power them I guess.

nomorenoless

Axles are not a requirement for the lift. if you stay 35” or below you can use your current axles. 37” or above you will need to upgrade your axles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The rear axle i don’t see as a big deal but a Dyna 30 I really don’t relay much on them beside of 3:17 ratio I think I want more like at least Mach the Rubbicon 4:10

jorgelrod

Hooked
lt325/60r20

all-terrain t/a ko2

35 inch tire on a 20 inch rim is more of a poser jeep kind of tire, If you plan to wheel it stay on 17" rims, that's my opinion. If you are going to run 35's you can get the Traileader package with a PR44 front and 35 spline upgrade for your rear from Dynatrac. I'm not sure why you'd want to run a 4" lift or long arms with such a small tire but to each his own.

Ddays

Hooked
I would not order this suspension system for my Jeep if I was you. Not because of the brand but the style. You're essentially going from a four arm system that the Jeep was designed around to a two arm system. That kit uses two radius arms in the front instead of four individual arms. There's a reason the factory doesn't do this. You're essentially downgrading. I did a lot of research and talked to reps at a couple trade shows regarding long arm systems before I bought mine. I urge you to rethink before you buy.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I would not order this suspension system for my Jeep if I was you. Not because of the brand but the style. You're essentially going from a four arm system that the Jeep was designed around to a two arm system. That kit uses two radius arms in the front instead of four individual arms. There's a reason the factory doesn't do this. You're essentially downgrading. I did a lot of research and talked to reps at a couple trade shows regarding long arm systems before I bought mine. I urge you to rethink before you buy.

^^^^ This too...

nomorenoless

35 inch tire on a 20 inch rim is more of a poser jeep kind of tire

Yes it is exactly what my Jeep is, but I want to change it, or that is what I am trying to do.

If you plan to wheel it stay on 17" rims, that's my opinion.
Thanks for the advice but that is not a option the Jeep already has its 20's and it already has been lifted to 3.5

If you are going to run 35's you can get the Traileader package with a PR44 front and 35 spline upgrade for your rear from Dynatrac.
I will take a look immediately...

Thank you buddy

I'm not sure why you'd want to run a 4" lift or long arms with such a small tire but to each his own.
My actual tire has very little room for a mid travel, if I will add a better axle and suspension I think I should add some extra lift, right now is at 3.5" and leaves no much of room and the Nitto grappler is very different than the BFG so I will need extra room in case I need to pass some mid size rocks.

I have take note of your view and definitely I will consider it

Ddays

Hooked
I didn't knew that they change from 4 to 2 arms, definitely I will call first thing in the morning...

I think you will be happier going another direction. I went with the EVO long arm kit because of quality and the fact that its a 4 arm kit. It is either a bolt on or a weld on although its recommended that the new arm brackets be welded in. Off Road Evolution or Exodus Jeeps are two great vendors to buy from. Not sure where you are in Texas but Exodus installs too. You will not be disappointed. The ride is fantastic and the quality can't be beat. Good luck!

nomorenoless

I think you will be happier going another direction. I went with the EVO long arm kit because of quality and the fact that its a 4 arm kit. It is either a bolt on or a weld on although its recommended that the new arm brackets be welded in. Off Road Evolution or Exodus Jeeps are two great vendors to buy from. Not sure where you are in Texas but Exodus installs too. You will not be disappointed. The ride is fantastic and the quality can't be beat. Good luck!

Unfortunately the order has been already place but I still can made some changes, I need to ask them about your point and the effects and warranties of such change as well disadvantages.

BY THE WAY I leave here my Jeep is not the big deal but I love it.
IMG_2857.jpg

And this is one of the reasons why I think an upgrade will sit well to the Jeep, and this is one of the best views most parts are even worse than this
IMG_0585.jpg

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
There's nothing wrong with you Jeep man - don't apologize! Don't be in a huge hurry to replace all of your parts either. Take your time and do research - that's where places like this are awesome. Don't be afraid to ask questions, just don't expect sugarcoated answers. If people here are telling you that something works and several others chime in that yes, this works, you can take it to the bank that it works. Posers giving poor advice here get absolutely fucking blasted and with good reason. :yup:

Be sure to post back how your phone call with Metalcloak goes. If they try to sell you on the flex nonsense that the radius arms give versus the 4 arm setup ask them if it can do better than this:

rubi.jpg

nomorenoless

Be sure to post back how your phone call with Metalcloak goes. If they try to sell you on the flex nonsense that the radius arms give versus the 4 arm setup ask them if it can do better than this:

Man! what a Jeep you have!

Ok, I just finish my phone call with MetalCloak; and basically they redirected me, in fact they agree with all of you, 4.5" lift with my set of tires is pointless. So they will change my order, about the 4 arms vs the 2 arms, They explain to me that the 2 arms are mostly for heavy rock crawling and style some people like some people don't, and that the 2 arms is not much trail driving although with the variable locker can be archive a nice drive (according to them) They also told me that the best in my case, if I will lift it better go with the 4 link, just it will require some modifications and welding, I got their point and all yours, so definitely I will stay in 3.5" about the suspension they are recommending if I will upgrade go with the JK WRANGLER GAME-CHANGER SUSPENSION, 3.5", 6PAK EDITION or ROCKSPORT, due the Jeep accident history, it seems that the previous owner made some substantive damage underneath, and thats why was declared by the insurance as a Total, it explains also, why when I am driving sometimes feels unstable, but I will follow your advice I will take it slow, now one thing is 100% decided change the front axle for the Dynatrac.

Top Bottom