Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeep JK Wrangler Axle Breather Hose Extension

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3ejw View Post
    speaking of breather tubes,where are the T-case and Trans tubes located so i can relocate them as well.
    this is going to be a job for when the weather warms up a little more...

I've been trying to find them on my 09 automatic also. Seen pics of the 12+ where the transfer is plainly mounted to the firewall behind the engine, but they were on standard tranny Jeeps.

I think I may have found one of them bolted behind the engine on back of the pass side head, but I cant get a good view or feel of it.

Jeep JK Wrangler Axle Breather Hose Extension

Is it pretty much the same process for TJ's?

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade119 View Post
    Is it pretty much the same process for TJ's?
    Yup, pretty much the same.

Jeep JK Wrangler Axle Breather Hose Extension

Great thanks

This is my project for tonight, i have a couple questions before i start, one did you bring all the lines back to under the hood? Also does this work the same for the tranny(and where is the tranny end point now)

Been Around the Block dannymalkin's Avatar
    I did this on my 08, only for the axles though as I couldn't get to the transfer case.

Having had my 37's recently installed, I can't stop staring at my jeep. This morning I was coming back from taking my dogs for a walk, I panicked I saw a hose hanging from rear axel, not having any idea how catastrophic this damage was I quickly logged on and found it here. Eddie thank you for a form full of much needed information.

Just wanted to add something to this great writeup....I've used those nylon couplers a lot back in the day when doing turbo/supercharger vacuum line tapping, and after a year or so, the nylon simply disintegrates and turns into a powder.

When I did my breathers, I used these two items (as well as the fuel line Eddie mentioned)...

Stainless steel worm clamps to make sure the hoses don't slip off
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And these things to couple the hoses.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those couplers come with 4 clamps, I just wanted to have a few extra just in case.

Here's a link for fuel line in case anyone wants it...

http://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Fue..._bxgy_hi_img_y

That's enough to do 5 jeeps, so throw a WOL party/bbq at your house and split the cost.
    Last edited by NFRs2000NYC; 05-29-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Axle Breather Hose Extension Question

Just wondering...Is there any downside to simply replacing the stock hose with a longer one and eliminating the need for couplers? My thought is that this reduces another possible point of failure (the hose couplers). Please point out anything obvious I may have neglected to take into consideration. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Zee View Post
    Just wondering...Is there any downside to simply replacing the stock hose with a longer one and eliminating the need for couplers? My thought is that this reduces another possible point of failure (the hose couplers). Please point out anything obvious I may have neglected to take into consideration. thanks!
    Nope. You can just replace the whole thing without any issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast