Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jeep JK Wrangler Axle Breather Hose Extension

cool, thanks!

Did this today, took about 5 min and $8. Thanks again Eddie!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dhughes16 View Post
    Did this today, took about 5 min and $8. Thanks again Eddie!
    Awesome, glad to hear my write-up helped you out

Fresh Catch

Breathers into snorkel with supercharger

Iíve got a 2016 JKU. Any idea if plumbing all breathers into a snorkel feeding a supercharger will cause any fluids to be ďsucked upĒ the hoses into the SC intake? Iíve got everything plumbed this way, and Iím finding trace amounts of oil in my supercharger and intake manifold plenum. For the life of me, I canít figure out where itís coming from. Itís not tranny fluid - that much I know. Are there existing issues with oil in JK intake manifolds or do I need to plumb my breather hoses elsewhere?

Jeep JK Wrangler Axle Breather Hose Extension

Quote Originally Posted by BumpyJeepBen View Post
    Iíve got a 2016 JKU. Any idea if plumbing all breathers into a snorkel feeding a supercharger will cause any fluids to be ďsucked upĒ the hoses into the SC intake? Iíve got everything plumbed this way, and Iím finding trace amounts of oil in my supercharger and intake manifold plenum. For the life of me, I canít figure out where itís coming from. Itís not tranny fluid - that much I know. Are there existing issues with oil in JK intake manifolds or do I need to plumb my breather hoses elsewhere?
    Yeah it can be diff fluid. Why on earth would you route them there? Thatís asking for trouble.

Welcome to WAYALIFE.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37Ē Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5Ē Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40Ē Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Welcome.. I think I would start by removing the breathers you already have hooked up to snorkel and see if your still getting the residue. I'm no expert but I would imagine that a supercharger through a snorkel would pull a little harder than a non SC.

I would replumb them all. This idea seems bad. ARB makes a kit where they vent right to the same area with a filter. Really easy install if your breather tubes are already run up front. It's about 70 bucks.

https://www.arbusa.com/arb-air-locke...s-accessories/
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

^^this^^

Iíve run that setup for years, one front up high above the brake booster and one in the back behind a tail light up high. No issues with a bunch of deep water crossings

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Nothing but a Thing Zstairlessone's Avatar
    You stand a chance of pulling contaminants past your seals if you operate your sumps and diffs at a vacuum

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I would replumb them all. This idea seems bad. ARB makes a kit where they vent right to the same area with a filter. Really easy install if your breather tubes are already run up front. It's about 70 bucks.

https://www.arbusa.com/arb-air-locke...s-accessories/
    Iíve got a bunch of these on two different jeeps...they work great

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123