Strange email from TrailBadger

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I get a ton of crazy emails on a regular basis and most of which I just respond to and file away. That being said, about a month ago, I got a strange email over on our sister site, JLWRANGLER.com and from a guy with the username TrailBadger. Apparently, he wanted to ask questions about my old site, JK-Forum.com and to inquire about where all the moderators went. Anyway, rather than me tell the story, I thought I would just post up what transpired. Enjoy.

-----Original Message-----
From: TrailBadger - JLWRANGLER Forum [mailto:RubiconFreedom@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 11:12 AM
To: webmaster
Subject: JLWRANGLER Forum Contact Us Form - JK-Forum?

The following message was sent to you via the JLWRANGLER Forum Contact Us form by TrailBadger ( mailto:RubiconFreedom@gmail.com ).

--------------------------------

pardon me, but I noted that your name "wayofLife" is/was the founder of the JK-forums I just wanted to know what happened to the moderation staff?. as I don't see anyone of them and I've sent word to several I've been able to locate. The only ones I have been able to speak with are a couple of the vendors. I just wanted to know if there are any moderation staff on that site and if not How do I get several of these topics moved or changed?. is it possible for me to become a moderator of this site seeing how I see none anywhere.

Referring Page:
IP Address: 71.244.207.254
User Name: Unregistered
User ID: 0
Email: RubiconFreedom@gmail.com

After asking him to clarify what he was asking, this is the response I got.

From: Rubicon ★ Freedom [mailto:rubiconfreedom@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: JLWRANGLER Forum Contact Us Form - JK-Forum?

I'm asking about the JK-Forum as there may be mods or admins, but their not doing anything.. several post aren't in the correct area or comments see out of place. I was just asking if there's anyone maintaining this forum as it looks jumbled up and out of place. For instance, one spot is open to forum support and several new members posted topic in this forum based on issue with their jeeps. So those topics are in the wrong place. I merely asked if you or whom ever owners or maintains the JK-Forum would allow me to mod so I can clean this up for them, I have time and will gladly do so.

And, this is what I told him...

> On 1/30/18, webmaster wrote:
>> Got it. Again, I apologize for not understanding what you were asking
>> about.
>> I sold JK-Forum back in 2011 to Internet Brands and haven't had any
>> control of how they operate it since. If I may, I do own
>> www.WAYALIFE.com and we still maintain a very active JK Wrangler
>> sub-forum and you can see it here:
>>
>> https://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php/8-Jeep-JK-Wrangler

What he responded with...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rubicon ★ Freedom [mailto:rubiconfreedom@gmail.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 5:29 PM
> To: webmaster
> Subject: Re: JLWRANGLER Forum Contact Us Form - JK-Forum?
>
> ok.. so does this mean you're willing to allow me at your forum?. we
> purchased a new 2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport and hope to do
> several things to it. I'm not feeling comfortable at most of these
> forums I've been partitioning in. is there a fee to join?. as our
> funds are wrapped up in the jeep at the moment.

Me back to him...

On 1/31/18, webmaster wrote:
> LOL!! www.WAYALIFE.com is FREE to join and you're more than welcome to
> sign up if you want. A VAST majority of the members on it own JK's.

And finally...

I don't see why you think this is funny cause I've attempt to register with your site twice and was denied approval.

As you can see, that all happened back in January but yesterday, I see this guy finally signed up here on WAYALIFE but then almost immediately afterward, I got the following email.

From: TrailBadger - WAYALIFE Jeep Forum [mailto:NorthAmericanRoads@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:01 AM
Subject: WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us Form - Registration Problem

The following message was sent to you via the WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us form by TrailBadger ( mailto:NorthAmericanRoads@gmail.com ).

Well I thought about what we talked about a few months back and decided to join the forum/community. Doing so I created my profile then started exploring a few topics. After a short while, I noticed a few topics (mainly replies to other forum members) that did not seem very tasteful even crude at best. Thus I've changed my mind about participating in your forum and now wish for my account to be deleted as I'll not post any of my thoughts or ideas there.

Referring Page:
IP Address: 71.244.207.254
User Name: Unregistered
User ID: 0
Email: NorthAmericanRoads@gmail.com

TrailBadger, if you out there reading this now, I just wanted to say that you're a FREAK! :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What the flying fuck? I want to be a mod but my feelings were hurt from reading threads on a forum I just joined and had no participation in. This guy is more idiotic than that parks dude.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
So basically he’s saying... “Get your shit together Eddie! Your forum is a Train wreck.. “ [emoji849] Haha! What a Tool.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Interesting he tested the water by email after being ignored by the other forum. I think he knew it wouldn't go well if he started posting here.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Such a fucking pussy. “Hi I wanna be a mod but I don’t have the skin to handle it”

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Are you supposed to email mods and owners of forums before you join up.... :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Damn I have been doing it wrong the entire time.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
So this forum is free!? Why the hell have I been sending some guy named Eddie in Nevada $49.99 every month!!!!!! What a scam.

ka-bar

[emoji23] I joined Wayalife for all the great info and experience here, but I spend most of my time reading in the 8th slot and Infirmary. People are so weird!

benatc1

Hooked
What an idiot, just be free to make your own decisions and move on if need be. No point in bitching to the owner when you are there for free and see something you don’t like. It’s like complaining about your meal at a free buffet, pointless.

Top Bottom