Steering wheel shake.

SoCalJeepster

Hey guys, noticed that my steering wheel started shaking when i hit about 35-40mph. It is really noticible in the morning when i hit the speed range for the first time. Its also really noticable when im braking. Increasing if im braking downhill. I know i probably need to take a look at my rotors for the braking issue but any advice would definitely be helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys, noticed that my steering wheel started shaking when i hit about 35-40mph. It is really noticible in the morning when i hit the speed range for the first time. Its also really noticable when im braking. Increasing if im braking downhill. I know i probably need to take a look at my rotors for the braking issue but any advice would definitely be helpful. Thanks!

One of my old trucks would get the steering wheel shake really bad on downhill braking and it ended up being a loose tie rod end. That can be easily checked at home with a helper.

jeeeep

Hooked
What did you do if it was sticking a little?

usually it's the caliper slide pins, take the caliper off and check that the caliper slide pins move freely.

you may have to pull them out and clean them up with some emery cloth or you can use a wire wheel if you have one - doesn't take much to get them cleaned up unless there's a lot of rust on them.

Make sure you lube the slide pins - you can use caliper lube but I've been using anti-seize - the anti-seize has a high temperature rating as well.

if you find a build up of crud around the piston, carefully clean it off so the rubber seal around it doesn't tear. If the piston is really bad, a rebuild kit is around $16 (includes the piston)

Oreo_penguin536

It might sound stupid but check your lugs.... had that happen a few times in my old 240 and a Toyota I had, talk about shimmy and walking on the highway🤣. Couldn’t get those suckers to stay right more than 2 months for the life of me without a 790ftlbs impact.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom