Battery

HoosierWolf

I swear there is a thread on here about this but I tried searching and didn't find it so if it is here, please point me at it.

Anyway, I suspect my factory battery is about to breath its last. My question is what battery would you recommend? I have a 2013 JKU sport with a Warn Zeon 12 winch if that helps.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I’ve had a Sears Diehard Platinum for the past four years and have had no issues with it.

I’m in the process of installing a Genesis dual battery set up and, at their recommendation, ordered two Odyssey 34-PC1500T batteries.

Comparing the two side by side, it appears highly likely that my Sears battery is a rebranded Odyssey. Other than color and labeling, they are pretty much identical, down to molding details in the plastic case.

HoosierWolf

I was thinking there was some battery that was a rebranded Odyssey so the Die-Hard is probably the one I'm thinking of.

Thanks for the link. Pretty sure that is the thread I was looking for.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’ve had a Sears Diehard Platinum for the past four years and have had no issues with it.

I’m in the process of installing a Genesis dual battery set up and, at their recommendation, ordered two Odyssey 34-PC1500T batteries.

Comparing the two side by side, it appears highly likely that my Sears battery is a rebranded Odyssey. Other than color and labeling, they are pretty much identical, down to molding details in the plastic case.

At one point the Sears was a rebrand of the Odyssey. I don't believe that is true anymore though. I will have to search to find the actual thread discussing the change.

HoosierWolf

Looks like you guys are right. Seems Sears doesn't make the Platinum anymore. Bummer. Seems Sharkey is right.

Guessing there will be an Odyssey in my future. I was a bit put off that my battery seemed to be failing but after looking at the thread, I feel kinda lucky. I got 5 years out of the factory battery and some guys didn't get a year. :eek: Honestly I didn't figure the factory battery would handle the winch well anyway so probably should have already ordered a replacement.

Now to break the news to the wife.

jeeeep

Hooked
Odyssey batteries :thumb:

Batteries Plus also sells Odyssey and X2Power Premium AGM Battery - I think they are both designed by the same engineer, or maybe it's Northstar?

I forget but Odyssey and x2 Power are both excellent batteries

aTX427

I have the Sears Platinum / Odyssey and will definitely get another Odyssey when the time comes. One thing I really like is they have the lug terminals on top like stock, along with 3/8-16 bolt terminals in front for my winch / accessories. Interstate makes great boat / car batteries, but is rather a sealed gel cell for offroad use.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

HoosierWolf

I have the Sears Platinum / Odyssey and will definitely get another Odyssey when the time comes. One thing I really like is they have the lug terminals on top like stock, along with 3/8-16 bolt terminals in front for my winch / accessories. Interstate makes great boat / car batteries, but is rather a sealed gel cell for offroad use.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'd been wondering about buying a dual post version for ease of adding on lights, etc but kinda wondered just how much space I had to clear the side post. What model are you looking at?

I'm guessing your are looking at the 34M-PC1500ST-M with dual top posts?

Last edited:

JKU007FL

Has anyone here has experience with that "six pack" newest car battery? I know they cost more, but not sure if it worth it.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Odyssey batteries :thumb:

Batteries Plus also sells Odyssey and X2Power Premium AGM Battery - I think they are both designed by the same engineer, or maybe it's Northstar?

I forget but Odyssey and x2 Power are both excellent batteries

+1 on the X2Power Batteries, they're excellent...

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Not sure which battery thread to post this in, so I’ll just post in the most recent one.
Gave my 14’ Cherokee some love and replaced the battery when the factory started giving out this week, after exactly 4 years this month. That is still 2 years longer then my JK factory battery which only lasted 2 yeas, if that.
Went with X2 battery form Batteries plus. I run two of them in my JK, I like them. I did my fair share researching those X2 batteries when shopping for my JK battery. Those are made by Northstar, made in USA [emoji631]
IMG_6591.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom