Leaking top(i think)

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Yes the freedom panels are known to leak, if it rains enough or a good amount of snow melts on top. Common leaks rundown the A pillar to the floor. Others have reported the panels were put on incorrectly pinching the seals also. And the list goes on. Just check and make sure seals are sitting correctly, ect.
There are several videos on this, and how to fix the leaks. I actually doing this over the weekend. Good luck.

black pearl

Hooked
I've had the same problem. My top was leaking right in center, where the two panels meet. My doors also leak at the A pillar. It then runs down the jam onto the floor. This is also why I don't run carpet anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kbsvo2go

In our purchased my daughter a 2dr JK with the hard top and freedom panels and it was dry as a bone. The first time we removed the tops and reinstalled it leaked like crazy. Come to find out I had tightened the knobs too tight and they leaked in the center. Might be worth checking.

WW_Svi

It’s pretty common and some are worse than others. Mine have leaked on both a pillars, driver b pillar, mirror and radio, and rear of center console/ arm rest. A pillar is usually behind the trim. Since mine was under warranty I wanted to try the dealer first and there was literally nothing they could do to stop it. If you’re not under warranty or don’t care about that part then give the diy fixes a try. If you do care about warranty then any diy mods may allow a dealer to deny claims.

jeeeep

Hooked
So the other day i pulled my floor mats to clean them. My carpets were absolutely soaked and molded. I'm thinking it's the freedom panels, and it may run down behind the trim to the floor. The first thing i did was check the ac. Everything good there. Just wanted someone else to weigh in

My build thread:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50012-2013-dozer-jkur-build-thread

do a search on this:

JK Water Leak Diagnose & Repair Manual

it also has a replacement parts list

jeeeep

Hooked
It’s pretty common and some are worse than others. Mine have leaked on both a pillars, driver b pillar, mirror and radio, and rear of center console/ arm rest. A pillar is usually behind the trim. Since mine was under warranty I wanted to try the dealer first and there was literally nothing they could do to stop it. If you’re not under warranty or don’t care about that part then give the diy fixes a try. If you do care about warranty then any diy mods may allow a dealer to deny claims.

dealer should've been able to fix all that, they have a full diagnostics procedures and known leak area TSB's

search and use this pdf:

JK Water Leak Diagnose & Repair Manual

RonG

My hard top would leak since shortly after I got my 2015... center both front and rear as well as “ hidden” places. Over tightening the screws can help with the centers. I had it to the dealer three (or four) times. Each time they said they fixed it. Each time it leaked again. Once, it had water in the floorboards when I went to picked it up. One of the mechanics told me that his sister has one and she just pulled the carpets because they could never stop the leaks.

I have been told that the Freedom Panels can be dry, but the tolerances for correct placement on them are so low that it is near impossible to get them positioned correctly and they will then leak.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

sparks

Mine just went in this morning for leaks. Both front floor boards and the jack storage in rear. Freakin jack was submerged when I opened it up.
Pulled drain plugs and carpet and brought it to dealership with videos and pics of the wet carpet.

Good luck!

Parks34

Finally figured out the problem. The guttering coming from the cowl drains down the size of the body. The plastic trim on the inside and the pop in with those "christmas tree" clip. The felt pad around mine was leaking. Thanks for your help

Top Bottom