King of the Hammers (2020)

USMC Wrangler

Yep, two years out. Some family and I would be traveling from various states outside of California for this. Can anyone offer tips about camping out, things they wish they brought but forgot, other stuff they figured out "too late" or general tips? I realize this might be considered overkill for planning, but 2020 seems to work for everyone interested in my case. Thanks!

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Exodus 4x4

Camping out there is great if you love chili cook offs full of rednecks that drink all night and do stupid shit on utv’s. Oh and enjoy eating and breathing dust.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Camping out there is great if you love chili cook offs full of rednecks that drink all night and do stupid shit on utv’s. Oh and enjoy eating and breathing dust.

Lol. Exactly. These are the reasons I stopped attending large desert events. I used to spend a lot of time down in the dunes and Glamis. Drunk, rich, stupid people and dust in your cavities for days.

USMC Wrangler

Lol. Exactly. These are the reasons I stopped attending large desert events. I used to spend a lot of time down in the dunes and Glamis. Drunk, rich, stupid people and dust in your cavities for days.

Ok, makes sense. I don't consider myself any of those three conditions and can tolerate the dust to some extent. I'll research places to camp, but away from Hammertown. I'm open to suggestions too, even if by PM. 2 years should be plenty of time to get this right, I hope.

FallonJeeper

Take more than you think you'll need because it's a hike back to town. There's usually a web page for spectators at Ultra4racing web site that explains what to expect and what to bring.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

whispike

We camped right inside the main gate to KOH and were able to find a nice pretty wide open spot away from most of the ruckus. It was just myself and my 11 yr old son and it was enjoyable for the final three days of the event. It was about a 5-10 minute drive into Hammertown. There was some quiet areas before the main gate also.

jkbarnett

I’ve gone the last 5 years. Usually camp right after the entrance gate on the left. Usually a little more fellow out there. Joshua Tree NP is extremely popular with most of the campgrounds first come first serve. Indian Cove and Jumbo Rocks do take resv. My first year at KOH crowd was around 30k. I heard on the radio this year they were expecting 45k Definitely a fun time

Top Bottom