Playing in the Mojave

Hey all. After being a part of the New Years run last month, I fell in love with the Mojave and it’s surrounding trails and mountains. With some new axle upgrades being completed in the coming days I can’t think of a better place to test it out. Trouble is, I have no clue where to go and what to attempt/shy away from. I’m also unsure of how late in the spring I’d want to be down but I’m thinking sometime mid-late April or early May. Some advice would be appreciated and if there was some of you out there that wouldn’t mind showing us around, I’d be forever grateful.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Hey all. After being a part of the New Years run last month, I fell in love with the Mojave and it’s surrounding trails and mountains. With some new axle upgrades being completed in the coming days I can’t think of a better place to test it out. Trouble is, I have no clue where to go and what to attempt/shy away from. I’m also unsure of how late in the spring I’d want to be down but I’m thinking sometime mid-late April or early May. Some advice would be appreciated and if there was some of you out there that wouldn’t mind showing us around, I’d be forever grateful.

Mojave Road is a worthwhile trip. I recommend East to West. Takes about 3 days. Longer if you want to do more sightseeing and side excursions. Wheeling is not particularly difficult, but enough to seem like an adventure. I did it in March last year. Avoid going in the summer, for obvious reasons. It’s a popular route, so you’ll find lots of info on it with a little googling.

jesse3638

Hooked
Late April-Early May is about the latest you'd want to do any adventuring in the desert as its typically in the upper 90's during the day some places may hit 100's. Where ever you decide to go bring double the water you think you'll need (min 1 gal per person per day). If you can go earlier if we get some rain you may get to see a lot of flowers depending on your location. The Mojave Rd is a good choice as its well traveled and documented.

JAGS

Hooked
Be sure to calculate mileage for gas. It can be scarce. I've been out there for a few runs. No way to see it all in a couple days and be able to enjoy the scenery.

If small tires are allowed and the dates work out, I am definitely interested....

You could do quite a bit of it stock depending on the route.

RocknJK

Maybe Last chance canyon. Check out Eddie's latest Vid. I'm considering that and Calico

I’ve run both last chance canyon and Calico (Odessa and Duran loop). Both good spots calico would be quite a bit more challenging but a lot of fun. Last chance canyon is nothing to difficult.

Here’s a few Calico pictures.
IMG_0604.jpg
IMG_0490.jpg IMG_0816.jpg IMG_0817.jpg IMG_0818.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I’ve run both last chance canyon and Calico (Odessa and Duran loop). Both good spots calico would be quite a bit more challenging but a lot of fun. Last chance canyon is nothing to difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Since I've got my new 37's we are talking about going somewhere Sunday.... Maybe Big Bear or the desert somewhere

rubiDave

Mojave road should be on your short list. It is pretty easy and well traveled but a lot of points of interest. If you're into camping there's some awesome spots in and around New York Mountains in the Mojave Preserve. Trona Pinnacles is another interesting destination. Last Chance is fun too and close to Burro Schmidt tunnel. Calico offers some more techical routes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Vinnielax

I’d be interested in tagging along if you open up to more rigs, but I’m not the expert on the Mojave that you are looking for though.

Thanks all I will jump online and check things out. And of course any and all are welcome to join. I will post up an actual notice once I nail down some dates.

Thanks all I will jump online and check things out. And of course any and all are welcome to join. I will post up an actual notice once I nail down some dates.

Top Bottom