Jeep in Vietnam

SunWolf

Visited Vietnam in November and the only Jeep I saw in two weeks of the trip was in a museum, so thought I’d share the pics here. I think I will get these tires for my Rubicon [emoji6]

Image1519496657.241421.jpg

Image1519496684.593465.jpg

Image1519496710.088074.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Tanktitan

This would have been an M151, I presume. I served from ‘69 to ‘75 (not in Vietnam) and put a few thousand miles on them. Not a very good vehicle. Too light and dangerous. I remember having to get a tank retriever to get us out of mud. Not real capable. I understood that almost none were sold as they were cut in quarters when taken out of service. Anyone ever come across this era jeep in civilian life?

thinknator

This would have been an M151, I presume. I served from ‘69 to ‘75 (not in Vietnam) and put a few thousand miles on them. Not a very good vehicle. Too light and dangerous. I remember having to get a tank retriever to get us out of mud. Not real capable. I understood that almost none were sold as they were cut in quarters when taken out of service. Anyone ever come across this era jeep in civilian life?

As a matter of fact, yes...kind of...:dont_know:

I live in Westminster, CA and we have a large Vietnamese presence, including myself. Just a few weeks ago (Feb. 16) was our lunar new year and veterans of south Vietnamese army drove this for the parade. Upon closer look, the manufacture plaque said, "Model no. HW-20-2 ... Hunter Mfg, Co."

IMG_7980.jpg
IMG_7981.jpg
IMG_7979.jpg

SunWolf

As a matter of fact, yes...kind of...:dont_know:

I live in Westminster, CA and we have a large Vietnamese presence, including myself. Just a few weeks ago (Feb. 16) was our lunar new year and veterans of south Vietnamese army drove this for the parade. Upon closer look, the manufacture plaque said, "Model no. HW-20-2 ... Hunter Mfg, Co."

View attachment 296102
View attachment 296103
View attachment 296104

Nice. I was in Westminster yesterday and saw someone driving an old Jeep that looked similar to the one you posted, but this one was a desert sand color.

clmautz

There's one here in Auburn, AL

I see it all the time. Looks like a comm/radio truck. Pulls the trailer everywhere.

I've tried to get the guy to come to our local jeep meets, haven't been successful as of yet!

151_jeep.JPG

Top Bottom