Brakes

Parks34

So i was driving along today and the jeep kept veering to the right. I pulled over, and got out to look and my front right brake was smoking like crazy. I couldn't even touch my center caps bc they sizzle my finger to the touch. I had to drive 35 home and it was vibrating and veering to the right. I'm thinking my rotor is warped. Already ordered all new brakes. Thoughts? Anyone had this problem? 66539 miles

My build thread:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50012-2013-dozer-jkur-build-thread

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Could also be a seized caliper

I had the same thing happen to me after I installed new brakes (ProGrip kit - Rotors, brackets and pads). My passenger side front caliper seized due to corrosion on the sides of the piston (most likely from New England road salt). So when I pressed the piston back into the caliper to install the new pads, the piston got hung up when the brakes were engaged and the piston wouldn’t retract when the brake pedal was released. I had the same issue that the pads smoked and the wheel got so hot that I burnt my fingers when I touched the wheel.

Change out the caliper, inspect and replace the rotor & pads then you’ll be good to go.

Parks34

I had the same thing happen to me after I installed new brakes (ProGrip kit - Rotors, brackets and pads). My passenger side front caliper seized due to corrosion on the sides of the piston (most likely from New England road salt). So when I pressed the piston back into the caliper to install the new pads, the piston got hung up when the brakes were engaged and the piston wouldn’t retract when the brake pedal was released. I had the same issue that the pads smoked and the wheel got so hot that I burnt my fingers when I touched the wheel.

Change out the caliper, inspect and replace the rotor & pads then you’ll be good to go.

I ordered the crown automotive front big brake kit (rt31046). Hoping it'll be here next week so i can drive ole ruby again[emoji51]

My build thread:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50012-2013-dozer-jkur-build-thread

TheGrendel

nice. did you get the new master cylinder as well? i saw a guy that was running the Crown BBK upfront. bigger master cylinder and progrips in the back. said it was pretty awesome stopping power.

Top Bottom