Build and Adventures of Cpt. Price.

Xhisors

Hey everyone! Its been a blast reading all the build threads so I thought I would start one of my own. I don’t have to much for now, but hopefully some may find it informative or a good read down the road. I knew his name from his badge, being an MW3 jeep it was only fitting.

Here is an overview of what has been done so far witb Cpt. Price(some mods were done before i made the purchase):

Mods that were done when i picked up Price:
- 18” XD wheels with 35” nitto MT trail grapplers
- 2” spacer lift

Cpt. Price wasn’t even on the lot for 12 hours before finding a home:
IMG_0464.jpg

- Maximus 3 tire carrier

The previous owner still had the stock carrier and 35s. I considered this extremely dangerous as it would rattle around and bounce like it was going to fall off.. so it was time to upgrade. This carrier has actually served me quiet well and I’m very happy with the purchase(It was also my first upgrade for Price)! Thinking back though if I ever do the carrier again I would go with the AEV since I already have AEV bumpers.
IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0829.jpg

- Metalcloak Rocksport shocks

I’m on a tight budget for now, and I wanted to get rid of the shock extensions so i decided to a new and small upgrade over the stock rubi shocks(two of them were damaged as well). So far I have liked the ride on the road and on the trail. Time will see how they hold up as this was a recent addition and Ctp. Price has yet to really stretch them out.
IMG_1520.jpg

Down the road I would like to upgrade to a shock with a remote reservoir. Once I do my homework and have a budget for it that is.

I hope this hasn’t been to dull, I’m excited to share more adventures and progress!
IMG_1136.jpg

Last edited:

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Lots of us are rolling on tight budgets so don't let that get you down. Looks great so far, keep it up.

Xhisors

One piece at a time, before you know it Cpt. Price will transformed. :rock:

Thats the goal! In for the long haul, lots of cool stuff out there.

Lots of us are rolling on tight budgets so don't let that get you down. Looks great so far, keep it up.

Definitely, hobbies are expensive! I swear someone keeps stealing my winning lottery ticket. :cheesy:

It's reading about jeeps, how could it be boring? Looks good!

That is true, jeeps are awesome. Thanks!

Xhisors

Thanks!

I have a few more additions to Price.

Picked up some grab handles to get in and out easier, the vector bar and then some ram mount attachments for an ipad and pur phones.

We already went out for a test run and the ipad mount is seriously cool. Ill snag another picture with it mounted later today.

The Fiance was able to watch some videos while out doing photography and I was able to track our rout!
IMG_1611.jpg

And the rear grab handles:
IMG_1612.jpg
Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
That vector bar is interesting for those without a sport cage and wanted to add in a bar for ram mounts.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I'm assuming it's not an issue because I can't see it from the photo but the tweeters on the dash don't get in the way? Mine are in pods sitting above on the dash

Xhisors

I'm assuming it's not an issue because I can't see it from the photo but the tweeters on the dash don't get in the way? Mine are in pods sitting above on the dash

They do not get in the way. The bar stops just a little short by about inch, if I can remember to, I'll snag a picture later today.

Xhisors

Here is how much space is between the tweeter and the bar:

IMG_1630.JPG

They also have a bar thats for Australia thats a little shorter. Im not sure why though, i haven’t looked into the reasoning.

Xhisors

Brown santa arrived today with a winch plate for my mw3 aev bumper. I dont understand how jeep says this is a winch ready bumper without a way to mount the winch. Lol

IMG_1655.jpg

Time to get this together soon!

Xhisors

Some unfortunate news. I got a random CEL that threw code P0234 which makes no sense to me, but im looking into it. Second time i tried to get codes none were thrown so i have to see what my obd2 reader comes up with. Found out something was up when i got in this morning and it wasnt running:
IMG_1700.JPG

With that said, at least more goodies came today!
IMG_1701.jpg

- springs 2.5”
- front and rear track bar
- front upper CA
- brake line extensions
- exhaust spacers
- rear spring retainer

This is getting rid of all the teraflex stuff under the jeep that was installed by the previous owner when i bought it.

Last edited:

Xhisors

Its been awhile since I worked on the jeep but this past weekend I put it all together!

Rear(Track bar and bracket, shocks, springs, sway links and spring retainers):
IMG_1762.JPG

Front(shocks, springs, track bar, upper CA, sway links and brake line extensions):
IMG_1768.JPG
IMG_1775.JPG

Its now at the shop for alignment and just to check over all the work! Im always second guessing myself.

I still have to do rear brake line extensions and the exhaust spacers, that will be done this upcoming weekend! Then time for some stretching.

Top Bottom