Long Range Precision

Omnifox

I know that there is a general gun thread, but I did not see anything specific to long range shooting/precision shooting thread.

Well, as an FNG let me know if I am off base starting a thread like this, but guns and shooting have been a huge passion of mine. Even more so than off-roading. Then again, I have only recently gotten bitten by the Jeep but, so who knows how that pans out.

Well, I love chucking small chunks of metal over a kilometer away with precision! I will post up about a few of my various precision rigs over the span of this thread.

First up? My Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor!

VFP3qIT.jpg

• Ruger RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor.
  • Vortex PST 6-24x50 w/ EBR-2C in MRAD
  • Red Rock Assault Pack
  • Tactical Purple Blankee
  • Magpul MS4 Gen 1 QD FDE Sling
  • Howard Leight Ear Pro
  • Vortex Binos
  • Sig Sauer Kilo2000 LRF
  • Google Pixel XL 2 - Ballistic Calculator. And tellephono thingy. I guess... If you want to talk to people... But why?

zQ7jqzJ.jpg

Here it is in its original configuration with a pretty bog standard quality 4-14 FFP scope from Primary Arms.

ySgluvC.jpg

Never could get to half MOA at 800+ with that scope. Just too much noise.

miFuJrV.jpg

Load Development is something I am always working on. Its been pretty fuckin cold lately and I have bitched out instead of getting out there and testing a new load. Spring is here, and I am sure that will change soon!

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Nice creedmoor. I love long distance shooting. I’ve been looking at a savage arms in 338 lapua. Tough to find anything past 600 yards in Texas without driving a few hundred miles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Omnifox

.338 Lapua is a solid way to get into the .338 game.

So many options, and so many different things you can do! Never did get into .338 all that much, though I have been tempted by .338 Edge builds.

My big bore is .50 BMG. :wings:

KeFcNOa.png

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Of course 50bmg is on the bucket list but it’s hard to justify to the better half why I need to spend around 10 grand (not including glass) for a Barrett lol. But 50 has to be the funnest caliber on the planet

Omnifox

Of course 50bmg is on the bucket list but it’s hard to justify to the better half why I need to spend around 10 grand (not including glass) for a Barrett lol. But 50 has to be the funnest caliber on the planet

Funny you should say that. You can get a Barret M82A1 w/NF (3-15 SHV) for under $7,000 right now with a SHOT2018 promo that they are running. (Tell your dealer to look on RSR).

I mean... You are literally throwing away money if you don't do it now!

Brute

Hooked

So many options, and so many different things you can do! Never did get into .338 all that much, though I have been tempted by .338 Edge builds.

KeFcNOa.png

Holy smokes...what does the deer look like after?...and then walk to the next county to field dress what's left...

Amrth

KeFcNOa.png

Holy smokes! Hows the kickback when you shoot one of these??

Omnifox

And I thought hitting a quarter at 300 was an accomplishment..... 800+?!?! Hot damn

The 800+ was the big target. The dime was the zeroing target!

bqUub5c.jpg

Now, precision .22LR is one thing I can REALLY get behind.

KuBs19Z.jpg

My one claim to anything is the fact I was an instructor for a course that a gold medalist in shooting attended. And loved it!

Last edited:

Oreo_penguin536

The 800+ was the big target. The dime was the zeroing target!

bqUub5c.jpg

Now, precision .22LR is one thing I can REALLY get behind.

KuBs19Z.jpg

My one claim to anything is the fact I was an instructor for a course that a gold medalist in shooting attended. And loved it!

How far can you get out with that .22? I’ve never really pushed mine since I only really use it for rabbits. For those I like trying to see how close I can get

Top Bottom