good place to tune cb in So. Cal.

III%er

Hey guys and gals,

Can anybody tell me where there is a good place to tune my CB in So. Cal.? Just a little background, I live in Orange County but I'm willing to travel to get to a prime location. Any help would be great....:thumb:

Xhisors

Hey guys and gals,

Can anybody tell me where there is a good place to tune my CB in So. Cal.? Just a little background, I live in Orange County but I'm willing to travel to get to a prime location. Any help would be great....:thumb:

I live in the bay area but heading out to highway one where theres no power lines, giant buildings or anything like that worked well for me. I imagine it would work in so cal as well.

If you wanted to make a trip head out to the Mojave and tune it the rock and roll out on some fun. Maybe check out the lava tube if you haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

III%er

I live in the bay area but heading out to highway one where theres no power lines, giant buildings or anything like that worked well for me. I imagine it would work in so cal as well.

If you wanted to make a trip head out to the Mojave and tune it the rock and roll out on some fun. Maybe check out the lava tube if you haven’t.

That sounds like a great idea, I'll have to plan that for a few weeks in the future. But for this weekend I was looking to drive maybe an hour or an hour and a half to get to a prime location. If I can't then I'll have to wait until I go on a camping trip I have planned for April (not my ideal tuning situation). But sometimes life gives you lemons, so you make lemonade.

Thanks for the info Xhisors.

III%er

I did mine in my back yard, then checked it out in the open and it was the same...

Really!? I thought about that, but all the youtube vids say find an open area and then test.I'll have to drive around this weekend and see what I can find.

Thanks for the info bud!

TrailHunter

Hooked
Really!? I thought about that, but all the youtube vids say find an open area and then test.I'll have to drive around this weekend and see what I can find.

Thanks for the info bud!

I saw that too... but worked fine. Results may vary.

jjlong

I'd call Ham Radio Outlet on Euclid in Anaheim. They might be able to hook you up. 714 533 7373

DMF

If that shop doesn’t work I took my cb here and they fix n tune mine and now it works better than new

The Radio Shop
4055 Guasti Rd
Ontario CA

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
You really don't need to be that far out. Find an open field and that would be plenty good enough. Ultimately you need to put an antenna analyzer on and see what your SWR is. Standing wave ratio, with a dedicated CB antenna it should be pretty close.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

III%er

You really don't need to be that far out. Find an open field and that would be plenty good enough. Ultimately you need to put an antenna analyzer on and see what your SWR is. Standing wave ratio, with a dedicated CB antenna it should be pretty close.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the insight.:thumb:

Top Bottom