Need some assistance with wiring cube LED's

rich67

Caught the Bug
So I am just curious as to how some people have wired their exterior LED's INSIDE the Wrangler cab. I want a nice clean place to install the rocker switch that won't involve a lot of work. I was thinking of just placing the switch on the pillar next to the driver, but am open to suggestions. I was able to locate a video where apparently there is a place where you can run the switch wiring through the firewall on the PASSENGER side, but nothing on the driver side. Just looking for suggestions from people who have done this install. I have two Pro Comp cube spots that I am mounting to the windshield surround using brackets. Thanks...

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I have found it easier to route cables through the driver side, keep looking. Probably the easiest place to mount the switch is to the left of the steering wheel by the speaker vent. Daystar makes a nice panel you can install to the lower dash that gives it a factory look. You can also install a controller that will make future wire up's much simpler. Tons of options

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sparks

I brought mine through passenger side firewall, using a fiberglass fish stick to get it through. If I want to turn on the lights I have to open the glove box, since the switch is in there until I figure out where to mount it (cleanly.) I do like the idea of a controller but I might install a switch panel left of steering wheel.. I have a sport so probably where the rubicon switches are.

I keep telling myself the hard part is done because the lights work.. but actually cutting a hole in my dash to mount switches will be the hard part since there’s no going back.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I brought mine through passenger side firewall, using a fiberglass fish stick to get it through. If I want to turn on the lights I have to open the glove box, since the switch is in there until I figure out where to mount it (cleanly.) I do like the idea of a controller but I might install a switch panel left of steering wheel.. I have a sport so probably where the rubicon switches are.

I keep telling myself the hard part is done because the lights work.. but actually cutting a hole in my dash to mount switches will be the hard part since there’s no going back.

Check out the daystar dash panel. No drilling into your Jeep, and can be converted back to stock easily. It's like 20 bucks, and looks factory once installed.

rich67

Caught the Bug
IMG_1020.JPG
Ok, so I found a little pre-existing hole that was filled with foam that goes from under the driver’s side cowl right into the cab behind the dash. In order to access it, I had to remove the side dash cover on the driver’s side. Once I reamed out the foam with a screwdriver, I was able to fish the wires through it. I am going to run it up the pillar and drill a hole in the plastic to insert the switch. I have to get under the hood to tidy everything up, but the lights work great and throw out some serious light.

RUBEERCON

On my second year with this 35.00 remote controlled module. I’m running rock lights, under hood light and bumper lights all at once without issues. Put one in the bilge of my boat and it runs 4 sets of lights also. The remote feels hefty, it’s a nice product for the price!
No drill! I mounted the remote with Velcro.

I ran this temporary but I have never changed to a hired wired pod like I thought I would. Still may...

Attachments

• 8A7875F9-C131-4CFF-85C5-02C8AAEA9710.jpg
    8A7875F9-C131-4CFF-85C5-02C8AAEA9710.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom