Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto or Manual

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar

Auto or Manual

Iím in the market for a new tow rig. Iím really debating on going with a manual. Whatís your thoughts ?
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Manual will be much stronger and last longer (as a whole). I personally prefer a manual when Iíve towed. My truck has a auto in it now and itís totally fine but Iíve always preferred the ability to select gears. I know Auto is easier but I was searching high and low across the US for a 06 Dodge 6peed with under 100k and prices were rediculous. Ended up getting an Auto because of availability and price and itís worked out well so far.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    Iím in the market for a new tow rig. Iím really debating on going with a manual. Whatís your thoughts ?
    Do it. Every vehicle is better with a man pedal

I’m in the market for a new tow rig. I’m really debating on going with a manual. What’s your thoughts ?
    I tow with a manual.

Just like with a Jeep, an auto is usually fine if not better... HOWEVER, you look and feel much MUCH cooler with a standard transmission.

Seriously, how can you jam out to this in an auto? Though, with the fact I buggered up my knee in racquetball yesterday, I do kinda regret it. Nah... Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    They still make manuals? J/K

What rig are you looking at?
    Ram 2500 Cummins
    2012 JK8
    1953 M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Manual will be much stronger and last longer (as a whole). I personally prefer a manual when Iíve towed. My truck has a auto in it now and itís totally fine but Iíve always preferred the ability to select gears. I know Auto is easier but I was searching high and low across the US for a 06 Dodge 6peed with under 100k and prices were rediculous. Ended up getting an Auto because of availability and price and itís worked out well so far.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Did you look at Dennis Dillion Dodge in Idaho ? They have some great prices.
    2012 JK8
    1953 M38A1

Did you look at Dennis Dillion Dodge in Idaho ? They have some great prices.
    LOL!! Idaho is where I got my Duramax. Tons of good deals there but you might have some issues getting it registered in CA.

The older I get the more I like auto's. We recently picked up a '17 F250 auto. I personally think it makes the whole hookup/parking/manuevering process a helluva lot easier. My wife will also be hauling with it and while she grew up on a manual herself, its one less thing to have to worry about. It does have a manual selector on the shifter that's really easy and convenient to use if you need to shift manually or want to hold a gear.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    I used to agree with this but the newer auto's are pretty damn stout. I've heard of some of the Dodges having auto issues but then I really don't frequent truck/towing forums either. Too bad the Fords & Dodges don't come with that Allison tranny

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! Idaho is where I got my Duramax. Tons of good deals there but you might have some issues getting it registered in CA.
    The new ones are California compliant 😬
    2012 JK8
    1953 M38A1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast