Non-weld on jku rock slider recommendations

rewolfe13

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some suggestions on rock sliders. The evo ones look great but I would prefer something I don't have to weld on that is still frame mounted. Or if there is already a thread on this, that I missed, please guide me to that.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmayps

Check out LoD as I think those are bolt on to the frame but have the ability to be welded on. One issue with body mounted sliders is that if you hit a rock or come down on something hard enough the will bend and cause more damage to your door and rocker panel since the slider is only mounted to the body mount tabs, if that makes sense. That’s why a lot of guys around here are running evo and other frame mounted sliders. Search around, there are a few threads in here about sliders. From what I understand, Rubicon take-off rock rails are body mounted but will hold up better than most body mounted sliders since they hug the tub a lot better. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
EVO also makes a boat style slider too which mounts to the body. Why don’t you want a welded on set if you don’t mind me asking? That will give you the best protection obviously.

I have the body mounted Poison Spider brawler rockers (boat style) and recently they caved, and warped the body of my JK. I’ll be going frame welded in the very near future. Just some food for thought.

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

Robertcrav

I run the frame mounted Poison Spyder Riccochet rockers, they mount similar to the LoD and Shrockworks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fusion_jeff

+1 vote for Shrockworks. They may take a while to ship, but they are stout and bolt to the frame. I’ve had a few vehicles and have had Shrockworks on them and beat the hell out of those vehicles and the sliders held up. Even had to use one as a recovery point once. Not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robertcrav

Pics
e19b15aec79b289f9768b59bb788c072.jpg
0915d0960483517a4a3bebc7862db682.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BaddestCross

I run the Poison Spyder frame-mounted Rocker Knockers. They've taken quite a few hard hits over the last couple of years and are performing well. I slammed down hard enough once to create a slight impression in the bottom tube on one side and it did not flex up to the body at all.

Sorry, no current pics.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I also vote for ShrockWorks or LOD.

I’ve had my ShrockWorks sliders since 2012 and they are still in great shape. You can get a general idea of how they look in attached picture. It’s not a great picture of the sliders, but it’s the only one I have on my phone right now. I had them powder coated black by ShrockWorks after they fabricated them.

Attachments

• 1F271120-41DE-4E7A-84C0-BBB7B1C344C5.jpg
    1F271120-41DE-4E7A-84C0-BBB7B1C344C5.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 392

deezus

I have LoD. Was gonna bolt them on but saw all the work required to do it and took it to a shop and had them weld them on for a couple hundred. TOTALLY WORTH IT. I liked Evo's better but they don't or didn't then come powder coated.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
As Mike asked above, what is the reason for not wanting weld-on? Not knocking what you want at all, just curious. If it’s just that you can’t weld them on, that shouldn’t be a roadblock. You can find a handful of people to weld them on. Even mobile welders that will just come to you.

WJCO

Meme King
I have LoD. Was gonna bolt them on but saw all the work required to do it and took it to a shop and had them weld them on for a couple hundred. TOTALLY WORTH IT. I liked Evo's better but they don't or didn't then come powder coated.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

As Mike asked above, what is the reason for not wanting weld-on? Not knocking what you want at all, just curious. If it’s just that you can’t weld them on, that shouldn’t be a roadblock. You can find a handful of people to weld them on. Even mobile welders that will just come to you.

Totally agreed. Drilling holes through the frame is no fun. We also welded our LoDs on for that reason.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have LoD, but they are welded on mine. I chose them, not really because they were bolt on, but because my wife needed a decent step, and I wanted sliders that could take abuse.

I’m with the other guys. There’s no reason not to weld them on.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I also vote for ShrockWorks or LOD.

I’ve had my ShrockWorks sliders since 2012 and they are still in great shape. You can get a general idea of how they look in attached picture. It’s not a great picture of the sliders, but it’s the only one I have on my phone right now. I had them powder coated black by ShrockWorks after they fabricated them.

It will just take 6 months to get them.

Top Bottom