Jk lift kit

Brent sims

I have a 2015 jku rubicon hard rock it has poison spyder fenders on it and i just put toyo 35-12.50-17 and I want to put a 3.5 lift kit on it now there is only 2 local off-road shops where I am and one of them is pushing the rubicon express and the utter one is pushing the BDS kit I’m wanting a kit I can add to later on I still want it to ride good on road but I want to be able to go hard Core off road so any advice??

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome to Wayalife. Take your Jeep off-road a few times and see what it can do. Enjoy it and build it slowly. You don't really need a 3.5 inch kit for 35s. Oh, and BDS sucks balls, don't go with that one.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Welcome. You really do not need a tall lift like that to run 35's for one. Why not look into a leveling kit or a 2.5"?

Brent sims

Welcome to Wayalife. Take your Jeep off-road a few times and see what it can do. Enjoy it and build it slowly. You don't really need a 3.5 inch kit for 35s. Oh, and BDS sucks balls, don't go with that one.

I’m going to end up putting 37s on it

Brent sims

Haha so no BDS and the resin I’m looking in to a 3.5 lift is bc I want to end up on 37s

NevadaMac

Brent, they call these things "money pits" for a reason! Always remember, the bigger the tires & lift, the more shit you gotta change! I would go with an AEV Dualsport 3.5 suspension ($1800, which is what I did with my 2013 JKU Rubicon). I'm very happy with it. It's good on the road as well as off. Make sure you get either an exhaust spacer so that your suspension doesn't hit your exhaust! Keep your 35's, you just bought them so put some miles on those tires brother! When you go up to 37's you'll need to change the gearing (and get bigger brakes). You most likely have 4.10's on your rig. With the AEV 3.5 kit you can go up to 37" tires, but you'll also have to change out the fenders if you do, otherwise you'll rub. Do your research on all the JK blogs and good luck!

WJCO

Meme King
Brent, they call these things "money pits" for a reason! Always remember, the bigger the tires & lift, the more shit you gotta change! I would go with an AEV Dualsport 3.5 suspension ($1800, which is what I did with my 2013 JKU Rubicon). I'm very happy with it. It's good on the road as well as off. Make sure you get either an exhaust spacer so that your suspension doesn't hit your exhaust! Keep your 35's, you just bought them so put some miles on those tires brother! When you go up to 37's you'll need to change the gearing (and get bigger brakes). You most likely have 4.10's on your rig. With the AEV 3.5 kit you can go up to 37" tires, but you'll also have to change out the fenders if you do, otherwise you'll rub. Do your research on all the JK blogs and good luck!

Welcome to Wayalife.

avstec

I would suggest doing a level kit then wheel your Jeep to help you figure out what to upgrade next. "Hardcore" wheeling could mean completely different things to different folks. If you plan on going to 37s and wheeling hardcore you will eventually want to upgrade your front axle. Read the forums and check out other members builds to help you figure out the route you want to go. Goodluck and enjoy your Jeep 🍺

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife :thumb:

I have a started out with cut factory fenders and a EVO leveling kit running 35's. I ran that setup for 2 years and it worked pretty well. I just recently upgraded to the EVO Enforcer 3" lift Stage 1. I love the ride. The great thing about the EVO Enforcer lift is as you want to go bigger you can add to the lift and not have to replace everything. I have alot of EVO items and love them all.

AZRubicon1

Welcome to Wayalife. A feiend of mine has the rubicon express springs with king shocks. After driving his I think its just as stiff as the original rubicon suspension. If you want to get a smoother ride go with the evo enforcer. I don’t have it on my jeep but many folks here do, and I haven’t read anything bad about it in any forum. I was originally gonna get the evo enforcer with rancho 9000 shocks. Seems like a good starter set up to me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Welcome.
My 2 cents, do some Wheeling the way it is, find out what it can and can't do. I didn't so much and I now have 3 sets of tires in the garage 🙄. I'm finally at 37's😀
The one thing I think I did right is I went with a 3 1/2" Rock Krawler mid arm lift. There are so many options out there for JK's, it's a little overwhelming. Don't get too impatient and have fun.

Oh, one other thing. There's so much good info here on Wayalife it's amazing.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom