FIRST SNOW for JET Li - JL Wrangler Playing in the White Stuff

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just when we thought we had completely missed winter, it finally decided to descend upon us... in MARCH! Sure, we've had a dusting of snow here and there but for the most part, the last few months have been nice... maybe too nice. Certainly, mother nature had a way of fixing that for us and did so by laying a nice blanket of white stuff all across our little valley last night. Of course, there was no way that Cindy and I wasn't going to miss out on an opportunity like this and so bright and early this morning, we loaded up our brand new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited and headed up into the hills. I know it isn't much but here are a few pics that we took of the fun we had, taking JET Li out to play in the snow and for the very first time. I hope you enjoy. :cool:

Before heading out, we had a few errands to run and being that all the streets were covered in a mix of sand covered snow, we got dirty in a hurry. But, here's a shot of JET Li back at home and ready to play.
20180302153317-027c9a24.jpg

20180302153308-175d29e8.jpg

Time to head up into the hills and lay down some first tracks.
20180302153329-bc283c9a.jpg

20180302153734-ef5bbc67-me.jpg

20180302153436-5f3e9a43.jpg

Always nice to get out to the far side of the hills, just beyond the homes.
20180302153729-61c5affd-me.jpg

20180302153423-93c59fcb.jpg

20180302153431-749e48bb.jpg

20180302153727-c6dfc886-me.jpg

In a quest to find more snow, we decided to head south but found that there was less snow there than at home.
20180302153512-284edb58.jpg

20180302153527-4a34a004.jpg

Regardless of how much or how little snow there was, it's always fun to lay down the first set of tracks.
20180302153538-b7615e9c.jpg

Again, nothing special but it was JET Li's first time out in snow and I think he had a great time. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow how cool is that. Looks like you got a good amount. Awesome.

For us down in the valley, yeah, it was a good amount. We actually tried to go up higher but the snow was a bit too deep for our little JL :crazyeyes:

Glad you guys finally got some of the white stuff! Looked great laying down tracks.

Thanks! I was pretty sure it'd never snow any decent amount this year. Glad to see it and yes, our JL did great laying down tracks :)

Great pics. Looks like you had a good time out in the white stuff.

Always a ton of fun :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice!! I am sure you had a blast :)

We did and it's about time! :yup:

Awesome! Looks like you got a good amount! Hopefully it lasts a bit. I heard 10’ possible in the higher elevations of the sierras. [emoji15]

Surprisingly and it's still coming down. Up in the hill, they're getting dumped on for sure. In fact, there was an avalanche at Squaw Valley and 5 people got hurt. A snowboarder got lost there yesterday and died. If this keeps up, it'll be a while before we can run the Rubicon all the way through to Tahoe.

Omnifox

VYyuxMa.png

The verbage from your post has resulted in some amusing ads!

Snow is always so much damn fun. I hated the stupid fuckin nanny drive bullshit on my lexus. I could never quite get everything disabled on that thing.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
This is bullshit!!! You live in Nevada and I'm in Kansas....I'm pretty sure you guys out west have gotten more snow this year than we have in the past couple!!! Damn it 😡. Send it out here when you are done! 🤣

Very cool pics by the way! Can't wait to see Jet Li with the new shoes and lift playing in the white stuff!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is bullshit!!! You live in Nevada and I'm in Kansas....I'm pretty sure you guys out west have gotten more snow this year than we have in the past couple!!! Damn it [emoji35]. Send it out here when you are done! 🤣

Very cool pics by the way! Can't wait to see Jet Li with the new shoes and lift playing in the white stuff!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Actually this is one of the worst years in the last few. Back in a drought we go. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockingK

Snow Day 👍

Jet Li looks like he enjoyed his first snow ⛄️. We got about 8inches today and it’s still coming down! Before I put heat in the shop I used pvc, bungee ties and tarps. Made up a 10x16 ft curtain x2 and 10x12 ends. I thought about putting a lid on with another but it stayed toasty with a Mr. Heater. Can’t wait to see Jet Li elevated to the next level, thanks for the update👍

MTG

Caught the Bug
Year isn’t over yet. Mt. Rose got 3+ feet in the last 24 hours and it is still dumping hard.

It is really dumping now. We had 8” this morning and have another 6” since 6:00 tonight. They were making cars exit at Mccarran on 395 North bound due to cars sliding off the road further north.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Your really lucky you got some snow for Jet Li to play around in. Our local ski area only has a 24” base right now where as typically it’s in the mid to high 80” range this time of year. At close to 7k foot elevation we’ve only gotten close to an inch in all winter if we’re lucky.

Top Bottom