VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - First Time in the White Stuff

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After getting a very late winter to drop a considerable amount of snow on us or at least, by our standards and so late in the season, Cindy and I decided to take our bone stock, Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited out in the white stuff and have some fun. I know it isn't much but in this short video, you get to see us lay down some first tracks, play in the powder and tear things up a bit. We hope you enjoy.

:cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It really was and we have a part 2 to this too. The only thing that wasn't fun was having to stop what I was doing to play. Cleaning the damn thing in the 30's wasn't too fun either. :icon_crazy:

You need to get the garage heater running on used motor oil. :thumb:

Do you have floor drains in your garage?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You need to get the garage heater running on used motor oil. :thumb:

Do you have floor drains in your garage?

No drains. The sun was out for a bit yesterday and it did warm up to just above freezing so I was able to wash the JL. It just wasn't a whole lot of fun.

The heater I have right now runs on kerosene or diesel and it works well. I try to run kerosene only as it's not as sooty. I really like the idea of the used motor oil but wasn't sure how it'd burn. Also, we haven't had enough of a winter this year to even think about heat until now. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! Looked like a fun day. Great steady camera work (I assume by Cindy) on the donut ripping part!!

Oh yeah, that would be Cindy's handy work :cool:

I love trails in the snow!!! Especially now that I have STT pros that grip the snow so well.

The STT Pros are AMAZING in deep snow :yup:

Nice!!! That looked like a lot of fun to play in and just down the road from your home. That’s bad ass.

RockingK

👍

Another great video. I suspect the ground was a bit more bumpy than it looked with that soft snow blanket. The stock suspension was really soaking up the bumps.:rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video. I suspect the ground was a bit more bumpy than it looked with that soft snow blanket. The stock suspension was really soaking up the bumps.:rock:

Oh yeah, the ground underneath is really rocky and rutted out. The stock suspension on the JL is pretty amazing.

My favorite part was the remote start :yup::cheesy:

:cheesy: I might have to agree :D

Very cool video! Looks like a lot of fun. Might be a little harder to tear it up like that with the 37's 🙃

This may be true and all the more reason why I was happy to have a chance to do this stock :cool:

jesse3638

Hooked
Finally go ta chance to watch this. Looks like a lot of fun. Wish we got snow like that here. Just another reason why Carson City is so appealing to me..haha.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally go ta chance to watch this. Looks like a lot of fun. Wish we got snow like that here. Just another reason why Carson City is so appealing to me..haha.

It is nice to have 4 seasons even if winter came a bit late for us :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom