Hardtop repairs

Oreo_penguin536

How would I even repair this or Is it worth it to even repair this? I’m not sure what happened to this top or the Jeep itself.

IMG_1799.jpg IMG_1797.jpg

The next pic is the driver side corner, I’m not sure what happened or what they did but the whole corner side is “textured” looks like this

The second pic is for a reference to the other side
IMG_1795.jpg IMG_1796.jpg

For another reference point, my girls soft top samurai is almost quieter than my hard top. Can’t hold a conversation without yelling at highway speeds from the noise. Don’t know if that helps 🧐

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Yeah looks like previous repairs have been done.
But being your location, just go for a soft top. My opinion.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I got it secondhand and there were similar issues that you are having. Cracks where the hinges mount for the rear window. Cracks near the window frame. Would make noise when driving. Still leaked. Maybe you can come out winning in the end. Plus I’ve hit trees before with my soft top and it didn’t crack.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
How much louder would it be? Or quieter since my top is all jacked

Dont know how much louder, if its a good tight soft top I dont think it will be to much louder if your yelling to talk already. I always had a soft top on my yj/no carpet, ect. It wasnt bad. Except winters were quite cold, LOL.

Oreo_penguin536

Way cheaper than a hard top and easier to get naked in summer, I think previous owner rolled it. Either way I like the cold;) I just know hard tops are exspensive and if I can fix it even to sell... idk, it does leak a bit lol

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Way cheaper than a hard top and easier to get naked in summer, I think previous owner rolled it. Either way I like the cold;) I just know hard tops are exspensive and if I can fix it even to sell... idk, it does leak a bit lol

Sounds like a plan. Go for a soft top, then maybe fix up the hard top to sell.

Top Bottom