Barrett lake

gonow

Happy Sunday all, I made reservations at Wright's lake 8-23-18 with the family and I have not been on Barrett trail for years I know a lot of trails i.e. slickrock have really been torn up by buggys lately can anyone give me an update on the condition of the trail last year? And more importantly was it open last year?

Cheers

James

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's open and the gate is wider than the previous one. If you can get past the first leg of the trail, you should be good to go all the way to the end. Pretty much all of the big stuff can be bypassed. You should check with the Forestry Service to make sure it's open because it isn't always. Also, the club that maintains the trail acts like they own it and they'll close it for their own private events.

gonow

Thanks for the info, by the way how's your avg. mileage in your JL? My 2013 rubi manual avg 15.4 around town and my 2017 recon auto avg. Is 14.5 very curious with the 8 speed and a front axle that unlocks

Thanks man

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
The Hi Landers 4x4 club maintain that trail and you can always go to their website, click on Barrett Lake tab and they post current trail conditions and if the trail is open or closed. This trail has been in the environmentalist watch list for nearly 20 years and they are required to close the trail if especially wet conditions exist. So even if the trail is open for the summer, if there is an especially severe thunderstorm they may close the trail until it dries out. Always check weather and trail conditions before you go. This is an extremely popular trail and camping by the lake can get tight and noisy on weekends. Last year we were there on opening weekend and there were 3 huge clubs up there plus tons of smaller groups. It was bumper to bumper vehicles on every patch of dirt and on every slab. Running midweek is always best on Barrett.

Top Bottom