Crown King AZ

Chris1015

Hey guys, wanted to share I ran Crown King solo today with my gf. It's a very scenic trail. Lot of fun for someone inexperienced and definitely is a good way to learn limitations and what my Jeep is capable of. The trail goes from a desert area to forested area when you enter from Lake Pleasant end. Lots of bypasses, only had to bypass one I felt like. We saw cows, bulls, hogs, coyotes. Also saw some formation military jets flying. It was an awesome experience.

Also used my JKS sway bar disconnects for the first time. The change in feel was unbelievable for never using it before. Aired down to about 14 psi, then decided along the way with the increased rocks to about 10 psi and felt ok.

Ended the day destroying cracker barrel [emoji41]

20180305_150946.jpg 20180305_150951.jpg 20180305_154625.jpg 20180305_154936.jpg 20180305_160128.jpg 20180305_160646.jpg 20180305_161548.jpg 20180305_182939.jpg 20180305_183019.jpg
20180305_183405.jpg
20180305_211149.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Been a while since we've last been there but love the bar at the end of the trail :)

Chris1015

We saw that, we ran out of daylight and it was giving us a bit of a scare since we were second guessing how far we had remaining. We decided to keep on going since it was dark and head home. I have a feeling I will be back. 😉

JK_0311

Awesome, glad you were able to hit that trail! The bars in CK are pretty cool, and then when you make your way down to the I-17 there’s the Cleator Yacht club...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Glad you had fun on a beautiful day and trail. :thumb:
Back in my Arizona dirt bike days (80's) this was a favorite trail and we hardly ever saw 4 wheels on it. I think there is still a general store which could be the saloon now where a herd of goats used to hang out. One hot, sweaty day my riding buddies and I stopped in for a soft drink and an ice cream cone. I went outside and sat down on the stairs and never saw it coming. The cone was gone in one bite and another goat went after the pop can. When I tried to chase the old ram away he totally stood his ground and was ready to fight. Thx for bringing back some memories. BTW, I backed off on the goat.

Chris1015

Glad you had fun on a beautiful day and trail. :thumb:
Back in my Arizona dirt bike days (80's) this was a favorite trail and we hardly ever saw 4 wheels on it. I think there is still a general store which could be the saloon now where a herd of goats used to hang out. One hot, sweaty day my riding buddies and I stopped in for a soft drink and an ice cream cone. I went outside and sat down on the stairs and never saw it coming. The cone was gone in one bite and another goat went after the pop can. When I tried to chase the old ram away he totally stood his ground and was ready to fight. Thx for bringing back some memories. BTW, I backed off on the goat.
Hahaha that is a great story. I'm pretty sure we saw that in the more built up area. But by that time we were ready to split for the highway.

Chris1015

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-ne...na-desert-two-days-says-he-drank-own-n790376

It’s a great trail, but if you go on your own, I suggest doing it on a weekend when there’s lots of other vehicles out there. Don’t stray from the main trail and always have a plan.

Arriving in CK is a welcome sight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're absolutely right. We had plenty of water and had snacks with us. The reception is basically non existent. It really is best to go in a group. Gotta find a group to go with next is all.

WyoCouple

Looks like a great trail. Where in AZ is it located? We drove several trails around Sedona last Thanksgiving and loved it. Thank you for sharing the pics. My son lives in Scottsdale so I will let him know. He has two TJ’s.

rmilobrown

This trail starts north of Phoenix off the I17 by lake Pleasant. I use the Charles Wells off road books that you can buy through a link here at WAL. I would highly recommend linking up with the Old Senators Hwy trail from CK all the way to Presscott, AZ. These trails are all laid out in the book. Fantastic all day adventure!

HAPPYTRAILS

WyoCouple

This trail starts north of Phoenix off the I17 by lake Pleasant. I use the Charles Wells off road books that you can buy through a link here at WAL. I would highly recommend linking up with the Old Senators Hwy trail from CK all the way to Presscott, AZ. These trails are all laid out in the book. Fantastic all day adventure!

HAPPYTRAILS

Thanks! Will definitely check it out.

Chris1015

I'm in Scottsdale right now! Right next to Salt River Fields A fellow WALer showed me a book you can buy for AZ off road trails. Definitely worth it. I kind of was winging it here and there.

Top Bottom